Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 00:10   #1
BHPian

sluggish NHC

hi guys,
i have got a 6 months old 6000kms done NHC well i just got it back from the 3rd service and had been to pune on the mumbai-pune expressway.
the car is a pleasure to drive but once on the expressway it did not go beyond 140kmph and at around 120kmph i was feeling it was floating in the air and the steering was very sensitive and had to be hold tight as the car was moving left or right on slightest shake on it.
i know it has only 77bhp motor but just a small question do all NHC onwers feel the same thing or does my car have some problem.
the tire pressure was perfect as the previous day i had filled in nitrogen (32 psi front and 30 psi behind) and i have honda oem alloys.
please share your experiences
Old 5th June 2009, 16:12   #2
BHPian

Are you talking about idsi? In that case how did you manage to go above 120/130?

For me above 130+ the honda smoothness was completely gone and the sound + friction was very bad. So I stopped at 130 only

Did you experience the same?
Old 5th June 2009, 16:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Did they change the wheel alignment during the service? Are the tires over-inflated? Interesting to know that NHC is not smooth/stable beyond 120..!
Old 5th June 2009, 16:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
once on the expressway it did not go beyond 140kmph and at around 120kmph i was feeling it was floating in the air and the steering was very sensitive and had to be hold tight as the car was moving left or right on slightest shake on it.
i know it has only 77bhp motor but just a small question do all NHC onwers feel the same thing or does my car have some problem.
Your car does not have a problem. That is the way the NHC behaves at high speeds - it feels very light and twitchy.
Old 5th June 2009, 16:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Your car does not have a problem. That is the way the NHC behaves at high speeds - it feels very light and twitchy.
Are you talking about the ANHC or the NHC or both? Linea defintely has an edge over NHC in this aspect then.
Old 5th June 2009, 16:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Are you talking about the ANHC or the NHC or both? Linea defintely has an edge over NHC in this aspect then.
I said NHC in my answer - right? I don't know how the ANHC behaves because I don't own it. I own an NHC and my experience is similar to yours.
Old 5th June 2009, 16:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I own an NHC and my experience is similar to yours.
What does that supposed to mean? I don't even own an NHC, or ANHC...

and apologies for asking about ANHC.
Old 5th June 2009, 17:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
What does that supposed to mean? I don't even own an NHC, or ANHC...

and apologies for asking about ANHC.
I confused you with the thread starter.
Old 6th June 2009, 01:51   #9
BHPian

yeah it is i-DSI engine. and yeah i also think the same thing that this car does not go beyond 120 max. just wanted to share your experiences thank you.
and yeah the tires were not touched at all
Old 6th June 2009, 02:25   #10
BHPian

Me too riding 10 months old NHC - 11k on the odo right now. NHC is definitely feels sluggish on the Highways most of the times. 120+ is too sluggish. Although tried to 140-150 at Delhi-Jaipur Highway last month. Although sluggish but the ride is definitely not unstable. Great and smooth driving between 40-100 kmph.
Now i prefer to sit at the co-driver/rear and enjoy the journey with family, with the Honda comforts & space and let the driver take the pain!

Last edited by superbhikari : 6th June 2009 at 02:28.
Old 9th June 2009, 12:05   #11
BHPian

Mr.Desai, NHC about which you are describing would be the old Shaped car i.e. the model prior to the current one. The latest model doesnt scare ones day lights out at the speed described by you! Am I correct ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks