Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 09:04   #1

Check Engine light comes up in Indica

Hello Guys,

I am having an indica Diesal V2, for some time I have observed that Check Engine light comes up while driving and at that time even the RPM too will come to Zero !! The problem is seen when ever I start the car after a gap of 3-4 hrs, then initailly during start the Engine light goes off and everything looks ok but after going a distance of 2-3 KM's it starts glowing. At that time I have noticed that the temp gauge to be always at Zero.

whenever engine light comes up I stops my car switches off, then again start and the engine light is gone but temp guage is still at zero only.

After doing this stop start three to four times the temp guage needle comes up a little bit and thereafter the engine check signal light never comes up. This has been going on for more than 2 weeks now. Can some one tell me what is the problem and is it a serious one that needs to be attended in a priority or should i wait for next service.

Regards
Pradeep
Old 9th June 2009, 12:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a case of poor electrics / bad sensor for the water temperature and/or a bad thermostat.
Old 9th June 2009, 14:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by usrivpx View Post
I am having an indica Diesal V2, for some time I have observed that Check Engine light comes up while driving and at that time even the RPM too will come to Zero !!
See if this helps.

Yahoo! Groups
Old 10th June 2009, 07:58   #4

Quote:
I am having an indica Diesal V2, for some time I have observed that Check Engine light comes up while driving and at that time even the RPM too will come to Zero !!
In addition to that I today only noticed that whenever Engine light is glowing both temp guage as well as RPM needle to be at Zero .
Old 10th June 2009, 08:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

if the light is on, contact your local TASC. If you drive around with the engine light on for a prolonged period of time, it may cause significant damage to your engine and void your warranty if you still have one
Old 10th June 2009, 12:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In addition to that I today only noticed that whenever Engine light is glowing both temp guage as well as RPM needle to be at Zero .
Then it is almost certainly an electronics problem. Still I would advise get it fixed soon, since in case of a genuine alarm you may never know!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks