Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2009, 05:31   #1
BHPian

M800 - Vaporizer tube disconnected

Hello... i recently noticed that one of the tubes that leads to or from (the left one) is lying disconnected on my carb m800!? It has recently been serviced at a MASS.
I also notice a distinct smell these days around the car when i stop after a drive.

Why on earth is it disconnected? And if it is necessary for engine operation, how is the engine running?
Old 25th June 2009, 11:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Its mostly the Vaccume tube, It allows the secondary butterfly to open, Check it out, will lead to downing in performance.

PS: just read the heading , vaporuiser tube which goes in the black dabba ? if its that, just connect it back to its stock location in the black box!

Last edited by humyum : 25th June 2009 at 12:12.
Old 30th June 2009, 18:33   #3
BHPian

the tubes were connected on the dabba. The left one which goes into the carb is the one disconnected.

I had the butterfly changed because of a missing part for FICD for an AC, and it is one from an older engine. I went to the mechanic, he said the older engine did not support this functionality of a vaporizer. he just blocked this tube.

Now please tell me what function did it play and what effect will it have on the engine performance (pollution, pickup, anything).
If its something important, then i will have a new one fitted in it.
Old 30th June 2009, 23:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

check two things. one check the mileage of your car after the removal. also check the emission with a PUC machine.

aren't you smelling petrol odour.
Old 1st July 2009, 00:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
check two things. one check the mileage of your car after the removal. also check the emission with a PUC machine.

aren't you smelling petrol odour.
well now i'm not since he closed the open end of the tube.

and the mileage feels good, haven't got the figures yet though. will carry out a puc test tomorrow.
Old 14th July 2009, 13:39   #6
BHPian

i got it tested for PUC, and the result was quite surprising!

CO was at 0.002ppm (or whatever the unit is)! nHexane at 58ppm! (the previous one 3 months ago had CO at 1.15 and nHexane at 180).... is something wrong? is this normal for a pre bharat 2!? these were taken at high idle around 1100RPM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks