Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2005, 14:14   #1
BHPian

air conditioning a 800..?

hey there, couldnt take the traffic and parking problems anymore so i just bought myself a 93 maruti 800, i think its 93 not sure. car was owned by my friends grand mom and so its done just 15000km. and ive been seeing it ever since.. after a little care and attention its come up to be pretty nice and cute... i have bought an air con for it from calcutta. the original sanden unit. just wanted to know what the pros and cons will be.. will the car overheat? how much drop in power? fuel economy really doesnt matter i am used to V8's and 6's! however i am getting around 14 now. i think i will put in an extra electric fan with the air con... since its an old car what are the factors i should be looking at... i will post pics asap. i think i`ll send a cc of this post to rudra hes always helpful!
Old 17th June 2005, 15:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

congratulations on your purchase

just 15,000 km in 12 years?
its like its brand new

AC can be retro fitted in 800 infact lots of people do that
but expect a drop in power pretty much
Getting around 14 from non-MPFI is good enough
Old 17th June 2005, 15:20   #3
BHPian

if you dont bother for power and mileage...go for amby a/c.....yes...people hav retrofitted amby a/c in 800...and it rox....mileage will come out at 10 after u fit that....

sanden a/c is also ok..

no... the car will not overheat...and that power drop can be negotiated by throwing a mod or two...like K&N and free flow.....( it will be more than compensated...)

Last edited by BuRnT RuBbEr : 17th June 2005 at 15:23.
Old 17th June 2005, 15:40   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Chargerman,

Congrats on your Indian car in Bangladesh! Its a relatively simple job to retrofit an air-con in a Maruti 800.

Yes, you will feel the car getting sluggish with the air-con on (Come on, its got a puny engine). But an OEM electric fan more than takes care of the engine cooling.

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks