Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 13:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

This looks like a problem with the Idle Air Control valve (IAC). Happened on my car too immediately after throttle body cleaning. The problem on my car was that the IAC valve screws had not been tightened properly and the IAC eventually came loose. The car would idle at 2400 rpm.

In your case I think the IAC valve got stuck due to some debris in it. And once the debris got flushed out it became normal. Get the throttle body cleaned thoroughly and that should solve your problem.

I do not think that it is an electrical problemor an ECU problem.
Old 9th July 2009, 15:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
This looks like a problem with the Idle Air Control valve (IAC). Happened on my car too immediately after throttle body cleaning.
Thanks Vikram! It sounds to me quite convincing and so similar because I had got the throttle body cleaned very recently. I will move this point to the top in my checklist for MASS.

Edit : Just spoke to Lokesh at Surakshaa. He had checked IAC thouroughly and the scanning tool also returned no issues. IAC motor was not weak too to fail to get detected in the scanning tool. In any case, I will get the throttle body checked once I visit them.

Last edited by menonrajesh : 9th July 2009 at 15:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks