Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 16:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
In my case i can hear a very mild noise which seems to be of the clutch plate rotating. ALso if i park my car (after driving for some time) and press the clutch i can hear a "tick" sound of the clutch disengaging every time i take my leg off the clutch. Not very happy with the changes after changing the clutch. Not sure what to do though. :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post

gemithomas,

Considering that you had recently replaced the clutch, some of the causes of internal clutch noise that you are hearing could be due to improper disc installation, misalignment or even loose flywheel bolts.

Where did you get the replacement done? It would be wise to get this checked at your A.S.S.

Cheers,gpa
I was with the mechanic all the time during fork replacement. Improper disc installation seems to be distant possibility. Improper alignment is also a remote possibility. I had noticed my mechanic aligning the fly wheel and clutch grooves with a dummy shaft so that the master shaft can sit properly. If I understand this correctly, this kind of misalignment will give a continuous sound.

Not tightening all the bolts properly - over or under tightening - can be a possible cause.

As gpa suggested, you can get it checked again. In long run the problem may spread to the gearbox.
Old 9th August 2009, 17:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
In my case i can hear a very mild noise which seems to be of the clutch plate rotating. ALso if i park my car (after driving for some time) and press the clutch i can hear a "tick" sound of the clutch disengaging every time i take my leg off the clutch. Not very happy with the changes after changing the clutch. Not sure what to do though. :(
I have a feeling that this has nothing to do with the Clutch Plate/Pressure Plate and has more to do the master cylinder and the clutch release bearing. I have learnt through my years of FIAT ownership that generally its the Master Cylinder which fails much faster than the clutch/pressure plate
Old 9th August 2009, 19:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

I got it done from the A.S.S here. The clutch was very hard and was giving me leg pains. The guys said it would be the pressue plate and told me that they have changed the clutch kit under warranty. DOnt know what all the "kit" includes. But i am not very happy ater the change. Though the hardness has reduced to a certain extent i think i can feel something turning under the engine. This sound goes away when i press the clutch hence i am assuming it is the clutch plate that i am hearing. The sound is not very loud and could be considered normal (by anyone other than a fiat user ). But this was not the way it was earlier and i am not very happy.

After some running (especially after the car gets hot enough) when i take my leg off the clutch i can hear the noise of something disengaging under the engine. Not sure if i should take it back to the A.S.S and let them do their xperiments by keeping the car with them for a few days or should i go to a local workhop.

Or Probably should i just forget all this and drive it as long as it runs??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks