Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 23:55   #1

Third service after 5K kms! - Dzire Vxi

Hello everyone,

i am scheduled to give my car for the 3rd and final free service at sai service prabhadevi tomorrow morning.The car has done only 5.3K kms.
I have no clue what they do in the service there and what all i need to check.
I think they have a mandatory oil change in the third service.
Do i need to do that? since the car hasnt had much of a run, is an oil change necessary at this point of time?

There are way too many rattling issues here and there which need to be rectified, apart from that what are the other things that i need to keep in mind?

Thanks!

Gaurav
Old 23rd July 2009, 08:53   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauz88 View Post
Hello everyone,

i am scheduled to give my car for the 3rd and final free service at sai service prabhadevi tomorrow morning.The car has done only 5.3K kms.
I have no clue what they do in the service there and what all i need to check.
I think they have a mandatory oil change in the third service.
Do i need to do that? since the car hasnt had much of a run, is an oil change necessary at this point of time?

There are way too many rattling issues here and there which need to be rectified, apart from that what are the other things that i need to keep in mind?

Thanks!

Gaurav
Your car has done over 5k kms which I assume is on the factory fill oil?

Regardless, please get it changed according to Maruti's recommendation otherwise it can affect your warranty. All mfrs have a certain set of service activities & replacements to be done at regular intervals for warranty to remain valid.

Rattles and squeaks can be checked and fixed by the dealer.

Rgds,
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:00   #3
BHPian

- Also good time to balance & align your wheels
- It is good to adhere to manufacturers service intervals despite not having too much on the odo.
- Your owner's manual will list the checks they would carry out. Mostly it will be inspections and oil/fluid top up's or changes
- Sai does a good job at probably all their workshops so you have that much less to worry

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:03   #4
BHPian

no car in the world recommends 3rd service at 5000 kms, unless your car has been standing for 1.5 years. Call Maruti and check with them. I presume that you are being taken for a ride by the service centre. They will do nothing and will charge you for oil and filters change. Check the oil your self and see if it is dirty and needs a change
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:00   #5

This was regarding the 3rd and final free service advised by maruti after the car has 10K kms on the odo or 1 year which ever is earlier.
i am sorry, actually my appointment was scheduled with vitesse and not sai.
Even at their workshop i was confusing vitesse with sai.

Got the engine oil, brake oil changed and all other recommendations in the service manual were adhered to. all problems related to rattles and squeaks were addressed.The service and wash was excellent and the guys there were very prompt.
got billed for Rs. 1300.

Full marks to vitesse.My previous experience with sai service (lower parel) and Ratan motors were not great actally.

Thanks for your inputs people!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks