Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 12:00   #1
BHPian

Steering problem in accent ?

Hi,
I have an accent 2003 gls. Got it serviced and washed last week. Just as the car was being taken from the wash bay to the jack for underbody oil coat , i realized that the power steering had failed briefly . thinking that engine had died , i tried the starter only to realize engine was on but the battery light had come on and steering asssistance was gone. The techninician on being informed told me that some moisture must have seeped into some contacts and on warming up , it'll be alright. True to his word the power to the steering came on the battery light went out.
After that no recurrence of this episode till yesterday , when at lonavala it recurred on a sludgy patch and car skidded a bit as i was late adjusting to get the heavier steering to turn. Fortunately it regained the power and i was slow , the battery light went off and i could drive back without any more event. Again the engine was on during the episode.
Can anybody shed any light on this. Its extremely worrisome and i believe could cause accident.
Incidently i dont know if it has any bearing on this, i had the power steering belt replaced a fortnight back.....
Urgent Help needed ...
regards!
Old 30th July 2009, 12:06   #2
BANNED

I am surprised since the Accent does not have electric power steering. Must be something else which dried out!!
Old 30th July 2009, 12:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am surprised since the Accent does not have electric power steering. Must be something else which dried out!!
ACCENT has a hydraulic power steering. And have checked oil ;its full.
I wonder if its to with the alternator since battery light also came on during the episode.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:20   #4
BHPian

Most probably the alternator/PS belt is slipping. Get that changed/tightened and everything shall be ok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks