Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2005, 01:38   #1
BHPian

Swift ZXi Climate control_improve fuel efficiency

Dear all

Does swift Zxi climate control operate with mixture of fan speed, mixing of hot and cold air and condenser/control all together or only one of these.
Neither the showroom guys nor marutio could explain it . and I could not get the chance to actually drive it that long and test it.

The reason is simple. the perennial Indian problem

In case the climate control switches of the condenser unit when not needed ( as and when the set temp is reached) we are looking at major savings in fuel bills over normal units- where the temperature is regulated by mixing hot/normal air into cooled air.
If I am not wrong this is bit like your home AC

Pranil

Deciding Between GEYZ and SWIFT made difficult by price
Old 29th June 2005, 12:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil
Deciding Between GEYZ and SWIFT made difficult by price
Have you decided for Swift or yet to make a decision
Old 29th June 2005, 13:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does swift Zxi climate control operate with mixture of fan speed, mixing of hot and cold air and condenser/control all together or only one of these.
Climate control usually works with whatever is needed at that given moment. It's job is the keep the cabin temp to the one, set by you.

When you start the car, the fan speed is increased to circulate air faster through the cabin. Once the cabin gets sufficiently cool, the fan speed is reduced.

If it gets too cold, then the compressor is switched off (this feature is also present on cars without climate control).

It's basically an automated version of what we usually do in our cars.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 29th June 2005 at 13:51.
Old 29th June 2005, 14:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

climate control allows one to set the desired temp for the enviorment.once it is reached the fan speed is reduced and the condenser is switched off intermettiently to maintain the desired temp.the auto button sets the CC for a automatic set temp something like 25 C.
Old 29th June 2005, 15:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it is exactly like your home AC.

I prefer manual control in cars, since you can maximize FE! Also, I don't want some computer controlling what I'm breathing (that's my Luddite genes showing!).
Old 29th June 2005, 16:01   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Climate control is just a fancier electronic version of cold air settings in most cars. The knob which moves from blue color to a red at the other end is the samething like the climate control version.
Old 29th June 2005, 22:29   #7
BHPian

@sahil: absolutely right, the manual hot/cool knob when done automatically by 2-bit chip translates into a climate control unit. just a gimmick but cool nonetheless.
Old 29th June 2005, 23:56   #8
BHPian

Mnaul cycle vs. auto condenser off

But I thought that in normal lower end cars the condenser works on the grill temp and not car temprature or sometimes on fixed cycle (time bound).

Has anybody actually found out the working on a car . I would love to hear about it.

And yes I would think swift has advantage over hetz only in these two departments airbags and climate control.

EBD??? I am not so sure. I think it is only a fancy gimmick and might not work like power steering (EPS) on Alto
Old 30th June 2005, 03:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
EBD??? I am not so sure. I think it is only a fancy gimmick and might not work like power steering (EPS) on Alto
EBD usually works along side ABS, while ABS only prevents wheel lockup, EBD sees to it that the right amount of braking force is sent to the front and rear (sometimes even left and right) wheels.

It's not a fancy gimic. it increases brake life and prevents fading.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 30th June 2005 at 03:50.
Old 30th June 2005, 10:10   #10
BHPian

some times auto temp is a boon and it depends where the cabin sensor is placed. most of the times the back seat riders get the axe in summers.
Old 10th July 2005, 12:43   #11

Guys a friend of mine who works for MUL claims there are five sensors, two in the front, two in the rear and one on the rear top roof in the european version, but in the indian version there is only one sensor which has been placed somewhere behind the dashboard and to his guess it si behind the glovebox on the left hand side.

Whats the use of this downgraded electronic gimmick. MUL needs to be bashed for playing cheap with us indians, At least they should have given a choice , if one can afford it he can buy it !!!! but No. MUL says we all are indians and we need to get downgraded and dowsized products and not world class products like the World Car.
Old 10th July 2005, 16:28   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangywarez

Whats the use of this downgraded electronic gimmick. MUL needs to be bashed for playing cheap with us indians, At least they should have given a choice , if one can afford it he can buy it !!!! but No. MUL says we all are indians and we need to get downgraded and dowsized products and not world class products like the World Car.

cant help it dude. and the government is no less a player to all this...they can bring the duties down...but no.....they will get the same amount of taxes if they reduce the duties, as the volumes will increase.

i dont see a change in the indian automotive scene untill the government wakens up...and that will happen when a team-bhpian becomes finance minister of the country
Old 10th July 2005, 23:33   #13
BHPian

Right said, Burnt Rubber
Old 17th January 2006, 19:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys a friend of mine who works for MUL claims there are five sensors, two in the front, two in the rear and one on the rear top roof in the european version, but in the indian version there is only one sensor which has been placed somewhere behind the dashboard and to his guess it si behind the glovebox on the left hand side.

The baleno manual shows two temperature sensors, one inside cabin and one outside. Inside sensor is located near bottom left corner of the climate control panel itself, while the outer one is located somewhere in front of steering (it is called solar sensor). It is very likely that the same setup might be used for swift too. It can be expected to do a good job for front passangers, not for rear ones. For that matter, you would need rear ac ducts too in addition to just more sensors in order to control/maintain very uniform temp. throughout the whole cabin space, though extra sensors alone could have helped to some extent!

Anyways, I have opted for baleno-lxi model (extra premium for vxi didn't seem worth it!)... so I haven't paid for this gimmick
Old 17th January 2006, 20:57   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys a friend of mine who works for MUL claims there are five sensors, two in the front, two in the rear and one on the rear top .
After reading the manual there is one at the bottom of the windscreen and another on the dashboard. There are at least two more in the rear.

system is briliant, you can focus on the road. you have the option of manual AC when you want

Most Viewed