Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 10:49   #1
BANNED

How to use diesel injection cleaner undiluted?

I have bought Liqui moly products from Bahrain,

Engine Flush
diesel injection cleaner
Anti knock

I am confused how to use diesel injection cleaner, since it is said in the can that,

"Application: Use ready-to-use cleaning fluid for problem-related cleaning together with the Jetclean machine (Part no:5118) or directly from the can via the fuel intake line. "

Jet clean machine is somewhat like

Google Translate

Shall i use it DIY method? Should i use this can as an mini Diesel tank and place return hose inside this can as in diesel tank. please discuss about, how to use by myself or should i take this to well equipped garage to use this?

an website description given below.
Your Company Website

PRO-LINE JET CLEAN DIESEL-SYSTEM CLEANER
For the JetClean-Unit. Reduces pollution emissions and optimises the smoke concentration before the exhaust test. Successfully tested in internal test-bench trials. Cleans the injection nozzles and the whole fuel system of any troublesome deposits. Prevents the injection needles from seizing and resinifying. Optimises the combustion process. and the engine recovers its original performance.

Operational area: Suitable for all aspirated and turbocharged engines. Suitable for helping to solve problems. Ready to use. Use undiluted only.
Attached Thumbnails
How to use diesel injection cleaner undiluted?-dsc005411.jpg  

Last edited by rajivanoj : 9th August 2009 at 10:57.
Old 9th August 2009, 19:11   #2
BHPian

hope this may be of some help.......I found this from other forum good luck...I have used it also other alternative is to pour the can in a tankfull of diesel and drive till it is empty

Veteran Member

15. Get out periodically

Easy Lubro Moly Diesel Purge How-To - with pics!!
OK, so I'm no Wingnut, but I've really been looking to make some sort of contribution to Fred's, so here goes. I've been a fan of LM products ever since I had my first VW, a 1990 Fox wagon. Well, this has got to be the easiest thing to do and is definitely recommended for any TDI with more than 20k miles on the clock. This how-to has been posted elsewhere, my version, is one-person and only takes 20 minutes and about 20 dollars. Here goes:

Parts:

1 can of Lubro Moly Diesel Purge:

1 Fram Fuel Filter, part number on box (from Napa or Murray's), 10 feet of 5/16 ID plastic tubing (Home Depot) and 1 packet of 5/16" vacuum fittings:

1 20oz (at least) empty pop or water bottle (I used a 24 oz. one).

Steps:

1. Cut 3 lengths of plastic tubing, one 22" long, one 8" and one 12" long.
2. Connect the 8" and 12" pieces of plastic tubing to the inline fuel filter.

3. Insert one vacuum fitting into the other end of the 8" piece (this will be connected to the fuel line from the filter to the pump).
4. Insert the other vacuum fitting into the 22" piece of tubing (this will go from the injection pump back to the plastic bottle containing the Diesel Purge).

It should look like this. If it doesn't you have no business working on your car, sell it and buy a Honda.

5. Get your plastic bottle, insert your hoses and stick it between your washer fluid resevoir and the intake pipe.

6. Make sure your hoses are long enough.
7. Remove the bottle and fill it with the Diesel Purge. I have no idea if the DP will eat through the bottle or the tubing, but work quickly but carefully just to be sure.

Precautions: the DP will get hot as it recirculates through the pump, making the tubing more pliable and prone to leaks. It will not leak however, trust me.

8. With the bottle filled and your tubes inserted TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BOTTLE, remove the fuel line which goes from the filter to the injection pump.

You should have something like this, if you don't, go get that Honda, ASAP.

9. I found it helpful to 'prime' the inline filter by sucking some DP through the line so as to minimize the amount of air the pump would have to deal with. Do not get any in your mouth, it tastes horrible. Trust me. Remove the clamp securing the fuel line from the filter to the pump and with your thumb over the clear tube (which should be filled with DP if you primed it properly) quickly insert the clear line with the vacuum fitting into the fuel supply line.

10. Do the same with the return line (which goes from the injector pump back to the fuel filter). The fuel pump will recirculate the DP back to the clear plastic bottle, using only DP, which is, after all, the whole point.

11. Make sure all your fittings are secure. Don't mind the air in the lines, your pump can handle it. Trust me. The advantage of this system is that while in the car you can view the clear lines. As the fuel heats up, you will see little bubbles in the clear lines, don't worry, it will all hold together.

12. Start the car, watch as the fuel in the lines goes from clear to red.

13. Get out of car and check system for leaks. There should be none.

14. Get back in car and rev engine, from idle all the way to redline. Vary engine speeds. Don't be afraid, trust me. Make sure you do this in a well-ventilated garage or preferably outside, where the car will able to cool itself.

to check on the level of DP remaining. When it gets to about 1 1/2 inches left, get in the car, give it one last college try. When you see a steady stream of bubbles in the supply line, shut the engine down.

16. Reassemble your fuel lines. Remember, a little air is no problem.

17. Start the car and check for leaks.

18. Pour left over DP in the tank.

19. Have a beer.

ARBY[COLOR=#22229c]View Public Profile[/COLOR][COLOR=#22229c]Send a private message to ARBY[/COLOR][COLOR=#22229c]Send email to ARBY[/COLOR][COLOR=#22229c]Find More Posts by ARBY[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#22229c][/COLOR] September 12th, 2004, 13:00 #[COLOR=#ffffff]2[/COLOR] [COLOR=#22229c]dieseldorf[/COLOR]

top post dawg

Easy Lubro Moly Diesel Purge How-To - with pics!!

Quote:

OK, so I'm no Wingnut, but I've really been looking to make some sort of contribution to Fred's, so here goes.

Hey, nice effort and nice fotos!! I must commend you on your "contribution". So few others seem to share your concern. After all, we live in a "give" and "take" world with the focus being on "take" and "give" has become a complete oversight.

Nice job.

BTW, Arby, what store did you go to when you purchased the highly touted LM Diesel Purge?

Last edited by TRAUMASURG : 9th August 2009 at 19:19.
Old 9th August 2009, 19:25   #3
BANNED

@trauma

Thanks for your reply.

Easy Lubro Moly Diesel Purge How-To - with pics!! - TDIClub Forums

Your referenced thread is informative. So i shall use it as DIY by treating this can of additive as diesel tank, the order is of

liqui moly additive -> diesel filter -> fuel pump -> return hose to liqui moly can with hose raised near neck.

I should run the car with this setup till the liqui moly drains up. and connect the hose back to fuel line. ? am i right?

Is it advisable to run the engine with this solution undiluted (but the can says so)

Thanks for your help
Old 9th August 2009, 19:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

do mention the source
Old 9th August 2009, 19:42   #5
BANNED

Got another article from mercedes forum

source: Diesel Purge Mercedes diesel maintenance tips

But Both the diesel purge & diesel injection cleaner are similar procedure?
Old 10th August 2009, 01:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
Thanks for your reply.

Your referenced thread is informative. So i shall use it as DIY by treating this can of additive as diesel tank, the order is of

liqui moly additive -> diesel filter -> fuel pump -> return hose to liqui moly can with hose raised near neck.

I should run the car with this setup till the liqui moly drains up. and connect the hose back to fuel line. ? am i right?

Is it advisable to run the engine with this solution undiluted (but the can says so)

Thanks for your help

Yes you run the engine with lubro molly un diluted It is advisable to pour the entire content of the diesel purge into a wide mouth jar,unplug your fuel line ,placeit into the jar start the car .make sure the tip of the plastic hose is well under the liquid so as not to suck air.turn off the car as it jar content nears empty .then reconnect your fuel hose to the tank supply line ,start your car and run again if you have left over diesel purge you can pour it in the tank.good luck
Old 10th August 2009, 01:13   #7
BHPian

TRAUMASURG, can you please post those pics here at TeamBHP, as currently all images on your 2nd post show "Image onl yfor use on TDI Club"
Old 10th August 2009, 08:48   #8
BANNED

The pics are viewable only to that forum members
But i am posting the pics alone , which i have downloaded.

its in the same order, Just replace the image in previous post with this pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
How to use diesel injection cleaner undiluted?-20797dp_canmed.jpg  

How to use diesel injection cleaner undiluted?-20797diesel_purge_demo__1med.jpg  

How to use diesel injection cleaner undiluted?-20797diesel_purge_demo__4med.jpg  

How to use diesel injection cleaner undiluted?-20797diesel_purge_demo__3_copymed.jpg  

How to use diesel injection cleaner undiluted?-20797diesel_purge_demo__6_copymed.jpg  

How to use diesel injection cleaner undiluted?-20797diesel_purge_demo__7_copymed.jpg  

How to use diesel injection cleaner undiluted?-20797diesel_purge_demo__8_copymed.jpg  

Old 14th August 2009, 23:12   #9
BANNED

At last i have used the Diesel system cleaner as DIY method.

As said in the above forums and members, I have disconnected fuel intake from filter and placed the hose in the can and return hose too in this can at the neck (intake hose at the bottom). And after dilemma and praying favourite gods..ignited and it ran for around 15 minutes and some 100 ml left, so i have decided to pour in tank. The process was easy, but taking decision was tough.

Smoke got reduced now.
Old 15th August 2009, 00:06   #10
BHPian

I would advise caution with using these products on a diesel engine. Keep in mind that the diesel fuel pump is a high pressure unit with very close tolarances that uses the lubricity of diesel fuel to keep it from seizing. Cleaning solvents by definition do not have good lubrication properties and can damage or accelerate wear within a diesel pump. I frequently add about 500ml of 2 stroke oil (yes, the stuff added to 2 wheelers) to a tank of fuel to help lubricate my diesel pump.

Rather than use any of these products that you run through your engine and pump in order to clean the injectors, have the injectors removed and professionally cleaned by a reputable mico bosch diesel (the type that overhauls diesel pumps, etc.). The best way to decarbonize is to have the head removed and all parts manually cleaned. There is no shortcut to do a good complete cleaning. In a coutry like India, the labor to have these parts removed and cleaned is relatively low, so it is the best option. In fact removing all dirty parts and cleaning is the best way if cost were not an issue and one wanted the best quality cleaning.

This of course applies to diesels only due to the diesel fuel pump. There is no problem with gasoline engines since the fuel is not used for any lubrication duties.
Old 15th August 2009, 00:23   #11
BANNED

@redmm

I dont know whether it affects in long run or not, but before i hesitated, then after getting reply from liquimoly technical engineer, then i have done what he said. The mail contents are given below. The bold italics contents are his reply

"Dietmar Schmid" <Dietmar.Schmid@liqui-moly.de>

To:
ra*****@yahoo.com

Dear Rajeev,

Should i also use the fuel return hose to this can or i shall let the fuel return pipe to get into fuel tank.

Unclip the fuel pipe and immerse the end in the Diesel Sytem Reiniger.
Close the fuel return pipe or feed that into the Diesel System Reiniger
Start the engine and allow the engine to run at different speeds with the Diesel System Reiniger unmixed.
After the cleaning process, assemble the vehicle's system.
In extreme cases, repeat the cleaning procedure if necessary.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I bought an can of Liqui moly Pro-line jet clean Diesel system Reiniger (part no: 5154) diesel system cleaner from Bahrain and brought to India, It is written that it should be used with Jet clean machine, or directly from the can via fuel intake line. Shall i use it directly to fuel pump as treating this as diesel tank.

I am planning to use it directly to fuel filter by cut off the fuel line and run the engine, Should i also use the fuel return hose to this can or i shall let the fuel return pipe to get into fuel tank.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/with best regards from germany

i.A.
Dietmar Schmid

LIQUI MOLY GmbH
Anwendungstechnik/Application Engineering
Jerg-Wieland-Straße 4
D-89081 Ulm-Lehr

Phone: +49 (0)731 / 14 20 - 13
Fax: +49 (0)731 / 14 20 - 82
Mobil: +49 (0)173 / 9 37 36 62

http://www.liqui-moly.de

Amtsgericht Ulm HRB 1383
Geschäftsführer: Ernst Prost

Last edited by rajivanoj : 15th August 2009 at 00:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks