Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 23:44   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_kudle View Post
Hi,

Could you please let me know about the approx cost for 'Water pump and timing belt'. So, that, I will be prepared during this work.
Peanuts - please ensure you get both the pump and the timing belt from an authorised Maruti Genuine Parts stockist.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:59   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Peanuts - please ensure you get both the pump and the timing belt from an authorised Maruti Genuine Parts stockist.
MASS is charging Rs.1500 as cost for water pump? Is it correct cost?

Regards,
Dev_Kudle
Old 14th October 2009, 15:58   #33
BANNED

Sounda about right to me. I will also see in the open market and try and source it from a RELIABLE spare parts dealer.
Old 18th October 2009, 12:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Friends ! I am faced with a similar problem in my Esteem. Went down to clean up the car and give it a good coat of wax.

Was done with my work and casually opened the bonnet for a sense check. Opened the coolant reservoir and lo ! It was empty. Opened the radiator and that was empty too ! This has sent shivers down my spine now.

I had been to Tirupati last weekend and hence did a bit of hill driving. The temperature gauge has stayed at the normal level where it used to be. The only other thing that I did over the week was to get the cracks in the muffler sealed.

There has been no signs of any leakage inside the car. How could have this happened ? I am scared to even crank the engine now. While I think it is ok to fill up the tank with water and take it to the service center (it is only 2 KM away from my residence) I am still apprehensive about it.

Experts, need your help here. Any pointers towards the cause would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by rr_zen : 18th October 2009 at 13:00.
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:42   #35
BHPian

Hi Again,

The coolant leakage issue was resolved after replacing pump and hose pipes. Total serviceing cost at MASS was Rs. 10500.

Just completed my 'Thane-Amravati-Thane' trip with 1500 KM. No leakage in coolant . But, after servicing, some changes has been observed by me.
1. Car sound has been changed tremendously. Previously it was as good as silent with engine running. Now, it is as though I have 'Free Flow Exhaust'. Is it normal?? The service centre guy is saying, it's normal after servicing.

2. There is some grinding sound just below the steering wheel. It is observed when the turn the steering in either direction and I can feel it just below the steering? What could be the cause?

Any light shed on this will be highly appreciated

Regards,
Dev_Kudle
Old 3rd November 2009, 19:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Again,

The coolant leakage issue was resolved after replacing pump and hose pipes. Total serviceing cost at MASS was Rs. 10500.

Just completed my 'Thane-Amravati-Thane' trip with 1500 KM. No leakage in coolant . But, after servicing, some changes has been observed by me.
1. Car sound has been changed tremendously. Previously it was as good as silent with engine running. Now, it is as though I have 'Free Flow Exhaust'. Is it normal?? The service centre guy is saying, it's normal after servicing.

2. There is some grinding sound just below the steering wheel. It is observed when the turn the steering in either direction and I can feel it just below the steering? What could be the cause?

Any light shed on this will be highly appreciated

Regards,
Dev_Kudle
I don't understand how the exhaust sound changes after servicing?. You may get change in induction sound when the Airfilter is cleaned or changed. But there is nothing to change in the exhaust. Unless you have a hole in the silencer or a leaking exhaust joints , there should not be any " free flow " sound from the exhaust. Better to confirm that the exhaust system is ok.

Sound from below the steering could be from the power assistance portion of the steering.

Last edited by sudharma : 3rd November 2009 at 19:48. Reason: Additional info.
Old 3rd November 2009, 19:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Again,

Car sound has been changed tremendously. Previously it was as good as silent with engine running. Now, it is as though I have 'Free Flow Exhaust'. Is it normal?
There is some grinding sound just below the steering wheel. It is observed when the turn the steering in either direction and I can feel it just below the steering? What could be the cause?
Please post a breakup of the service charges - Rs 10.5K is very high.

The sound that you mentioned sounds like a damaged exhaust component somewhere. Please have the exhaust checked.

The grinding noise from the steering column could be the bearing at the steering column. Have it checked and greased. Replacement could be expensive.
Old 9th March 2011, 18:35   #38
BHPian

Re: Coolant Leakage in Esteem VX-2001

Sorry to post on such an old thread, but I am facing a somewhat similar problem. Some screw behind the headlight assembly of my 2005 Esteem Lxi run 84K kms had gone loose and it was making a very irritating noise. So I decided to take it to my FNG.
While putting the screw the mechanic over there pointed out a small hairline crack on the radiator collar(the area just below the cap) and the coolant was bubbling out in very minute quantities from the small crack(like sometimes it happens in the pressure cooker, less of coolant and more of bubbles). The mechanic said it is fine and applied M-Seal onto it. Will M-seal hold it? Also, if the crack is on the top portions of the radiator, will it cause less coolant leakages than if the crack were on the bottom parts somewhere?
Old 9th March 2011, 20:35   #39
BHPian

HI Sinner, Usually smaller crack on top does not drop in coolant level which is noticeable, check for hose pipes and check if you radiator fan is turning on promptly , as my Radiator in lancer started cracking up due to heat and because the radiator fan had stopped working so first check radiator fan, is it turning on.
Old 9th March 2011, 23:56   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
small hairline crack on the radiator collar(the area just below the cap) and the coolant was bubbling out in very minute quantities from the small crack(like sometimes it happens in the pressure cooker, less of coolant and more of bubbles). The mechanic said it is fine and applied M-Seal onto it. Will M-seal hold it? Also, if the crack is on the top portions of the radiator, will it cause less coolant leakages than if the crack were on the bottom parts somewhere?
M-Seal can't quite hold it as the radiator operates under slight pressure(9psi I think). Don't worry too much.Just keep checking the radiator level daily.
Old 10th March 2011, 16:15   #41
BHPian

The fan does operate intermittently which I believe is normal as I have not observed any over/under use of the fan. The coolant reservoir(the white plastic bottle) is filled with the coolant, but I do not know about the radiator. After opening the cap, I could not see any water or coolant uptil the depth which we can see(about a finger's length). After that there was a metal obstructing the view which I assume is the radiator. I pured in about half a litre of water and the water was uptil the cap now. Is there any reason I should be highly worried?
Old 15th March 2011, 20:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
The fan does operate intermittently which I believe is normal as I have not observed any over/under use of the fan. The coolant reservoir(the white plastic bottle) is filled with the coolant, but I do not know about the radiator. After opening the cap, I could not see any water or coolant uptil the depth which we can see(about a finger's length). After that there was a metal obstructing the view which I assume is the radiator. I pured in about half a litre of water and the water was uptil the cap now. Is there any reason I should be highly worried?
Dont be worried, Just when you open the radiator cap on the right you would see a hole from where the coolant is pulled in from theplastic bottle just check if the pipe or the hole seems to be blocked, rest shall be fine.
Old 16th March 2011, 13:10   #43
BHPian

^^^
Will Check this and post. But I do not recollect having seen any leakages from there. Will Check to be on a safer side. How much does the Radiator unit cost anyway for an Esteem?
Old 16th March 2011, 13:41   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
^^^
Will Check this and post. But I do not recollect having seen any leakages from there. Will Check to be on a safer side. How much does the Radiator unit cost anyway for an Esteem?
Gurgaon, eh?
3-4 dedicated "radiator repair guys i've seen over on the old gurgaon delhi road.

I've read here of OEM stuff at about 2-2.5k.
Or you can try a refurbished one which could be almost a 3rd of the new part price.

Best thing to do is go for the new one at MASS, cos they WILL diagnose any other thing that may be wrong in the cooling system.

PS:mseal will not work.and boy o boy, do i know....
Old 17th March 2011, 17:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:
^^^
No leaks from the tubes/pipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Gurgaon, eh?
3-4 dedicated "radiator repair guys i've seen over on the old gurgaon delhi road.

I've read here of OEM stuff at about 2-2.5k.
Or you can try a refurbished one which could be almost a 3rd of the new part price.

Best thing to do is go for the new one at MASS, cos they WILL diagnose any other thing that may be wrong in the cooling system.

PS:mseal will not work.and boy o boy, do i know....
Yes...GoodGaon! Thanks for the info, will check them out. Where exactly on Old Delhi Rd? The M-Seal seems to be holding for now.

Last edited by Sinner666 : 17th March 2011 at 17:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks