Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2012, 20:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Engine turned off abruptly

Quote:
Originally Posted by usrivpx View Post
Hi Guys,

Today my indica got truned off suddenly at the red light . At that time the A/C of the car was also switched on and all of a sudden I noticed a spike in RPM meter and thereafter the needle came down to zero.
Please mention the engine and the model of the car, MPFI/IDI/IDI Turbo/DICOR??
Old 18th May 2012, 15:00   #17

Re: Inconsistent idling and engine shut off problem

Thanks for the quick response,

The engine is diesal, it is indica DLG 2005 model and the car has done 59,000 km. It is first time that I have seen such thing in my car.

The same thing happened today also twice with A/C switched on, the RPM that time spiked a bit little more at the red light and then the engine stopped . Next time when I noticed a little spike in the RPM meter, I quickly switched off the A/C, then engine didn't stopped.

Hope it helps. Let me know if any other information is needed.

Regards
Pradeep
Old 18th May 2012, 22:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Inconsistent idling and engine shut off problem

There is inconsistent idle rpm problem in our Indigo LS IDI (May 2004) which has covered 2,34,600kms. When the AC is turned Off, there is this inconsistent idle rpm problem. When the AC is turned On, there is no problem with idle rpm.
It feels like the someone is pumping the accelerator pedal (which is in fact not).

If I press the Accelerator Pedal slightly, the idle rpm becomes normal (the engine rpm increases though due to pressing of Acc. Pedal)
I have changed the Engine Oil (MAK Platinum 15W40 CI-4) & Oil Filter, Diesel Filter (Delphi) but still there is problem with the idle rpm.

Can someone please tell me where is the Idle Air Control Valve located and how to clean, adjust it? Is it a DIY Job?

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 18th May 2012 at 22:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks