Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2009, 00:50   #31
BHPian

may be a little off topic.

@jaggu- indeed very practical replies. how and when do we know an engine needs overhaul.
Also is it important to replace the valve when doing the valve job or just grinding is ok.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:07   #32
BHPian

Good or Bad?

Im seeing loads of carbon coming out of exhaust with water! This means carbon is being cleaned out of exhaust. Is it a good idea to do more revs and get more carbon out regularly?

Is it better to do it dry with just carbon powder being thrown out or when water is also coming out of exhaust?

What difference would I see in long term?

Zen has done 83K on odo.

@Mods, Im posting it here as this was a dedicated thread for my observations.
Old 20th June 2010, 08:28   #33
BHPian

Hi Friends,

This is regarding my 99 Carb Zen Lx done 65k odo, the car pick up and rev is without smoke, but there is knocking sound more of when a zen does when its on lower speed with high speed gear, I got the filters oil and air changes, Oil changed with abro oil treatment added, spark plugs changed, fuel filter changed, but then when i open the oil filling cap it throws white smoke, I got the tappets set, ( BUT THERE WAS LOADS OF CARBON IN IT MECH showed me the same, he said cleaning the carbon would solve it, which he would be doing all himself he said) could this be true, My other mech is saying far and tilll i reach him the engine is warm and the knocking reduces, but very annoying as its heared in the car more than outside.
Please help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks