Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 15:51   #1
BHPian

Swift Petrol - Brrrrrrrrr noise at high speed!!

Yes , Swift petrol has a weak clutch , I have been driving since last 25 years , in none of the cars I have driven the clutch had to be changed ( Padmni , Ambassador , Maruti Van , Gypsy , Tata Sierra , Opel Astra ) , but three year old swift done only 18,000 km needed a clutch change .

Now there is a Brrrrrrrrrrrr............. noise coming once the car is in the range of 60 - 90 kmph . Any ideas what this noise could be ?

I am suspecting the tubeless radials are making this noise !!!!!
Old 8th October 2009, 16:30   #2
BHPian

I used to get the same kind of sound in my Scorpio when I had JK tyres. Since I have shifted to Bridgestone the sound has reduced considerably. But I get this sound sometimes on particular roads.

Check if you get this sound on all the road or particular roads
Old 8th October 2009, 22:31   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
I used to get the same kind of sound in my Scorpio when I had JK tyres. Since I have shifted to Bridgestone the sound has reduced considerably. But I get this sound sometimes on particular roads.

Check if you get this sound on all the road or particular roads
Matter of fact the stock tyres in the Swift are JK .

Its on all the roads . With AC & without AC .
Old 10th October 2009, 23:15   #4
BHPian

If you suspect it could be your tyres, try to isolate the noise. Some tyres do make a lot of noise. Remember the Jk Steel radials on my amby sound as loud as truck tyres on a silent highway )
Old 11th October 2009, 00:14   #5
BHPian

Other than the tire also get your rear wheel bearings.
Old 11th October 2009, 19:16   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

if the noise also brings with it some vibrations,it could also be because of improper balancing
Old 11th October 2009, 19:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

If it is a 'Brrrrrr..' sound the car must be feeling cold. If it is 'Grrrrrrrrr..' then it is angry

Sorry, that was just in a lighter vein.

I suggest you take your car to the MASS and get it checked---I don't think tyres could be the culprit for such a loud noise.
Old 9th November 2009, 16:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munish.Thapar View Post
Yes , Swift petrol has a weak clutch , I have been driving since last 25 years , in none of the cars I have driven the clutch had to be changed ( Padmni , Ambassador , Maruti Van , Gypsy , Tata Sierra , Opel Astra ) , but three year old swift done only 18,000 km needed a clutch change .

Now there is a Brrrrrrrrrrrr............. noise coming once the car is in the range of 60 - 90 kmph . Any ideas what this noise could be ?

I am suspecting the tubeless radials are making this noise !!!!!
Thank you for the advice .

Yes it was the rear wheel bearings that needed to be changed . Swift ZXI Rs. 5.60 Lakh bought in April 06 , with 22,500 Kms done , I had to change the clutch , rear wheel bearings , main hose pipe of the AC beside the money spent on servicing time to time , I will think twice before I buy another Maruti ........ for sure .

I drove the Opel Astra up 55,000 Kms , 6 years , no major expenses , not even a bulb had to be changed .

I guess Maruti should learn to make car that last for long period of time .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks