Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 21:25   #1

Strange sound from the rear of INNOVA

My INNOVA G4-Diesel 2008 Nov model, is now producing a strage hissing sound from the rear. Not a big sound, but driver can hear this very clearly. When it goes through countryside road [with some patches and pit holes], it is very clear. Seems like some nuts are loose.

When I took the vehicle to dealer, mechanics tried to locate this sound, but not succeeded. After an attempt around 3 hours, they somehow managed to eliminate this by tightening the heat absorbing plate on the of silencer. However, they have asked me to listen for the coming days whether the sound comes back.

I would like to know any BHP-ian had a similar experience with your INNOVA.
If yes, how did you manage to solve it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th November 2009, 23:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

i cant imagine how loose bolts would create a hissing sound. well if the sound dosent come back i hope your problem is solved. other the only other possibilities i can think of is the shock absorbers or the rear ac.
Old 26th November 2009, 14:28   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My guess is it's the rear damper / shock absorber at fault. Some Innova batches have had defective dampers fitted in them, best to get yours checked up.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Frankly speaking in our office there is a 2005 innova which my company bought to drive the foreigners from airport and etc places.yesterday i had taken some of the guest in it aomost 40-50kms drive. MInd that the vehicle has done 184332kms and to my surprise till date nor throuoght thw whole drive the vehicle gave any sound like no tweaks sound or anything you could hear. This is a basic innova model and 2nd one to be purchased in bangalore. This was my frist drive in it and man i was blown away by the silence it had and amazing pull. I enquired the driver about the service and part he has changed. occasionally he has changed the shocks and regular maintenance he does.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks