Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 10:28   #1
BHPian

Getz CRDi stalling

Hi,

This has happened twice as yet, yesterday evening was once and today morning again the similar problem.

My car has got the following:
1. I have Pete's installed with K&N stock replacement filter (+1 setting)

2. use regular IOC diesel but the last tankful as high speed diesel at ioc pump which I frequent (1 amongst the 3 ioc pumps which I regularly use)

3. The music & and the aircon was on both these times and the car was stationary for over 8 hours both the time mentioned.

4 The car was in motion for around 20 minutes and the car stalled

When I tried starting the car without switching off my ICE the car did not start, I switch off the ICE and the aircon and try starting, I could get the car started but after cranking 3 times in each case. The problem hasnt reoccured after that.

I need your suggestions as what may be the issue with my l'il monster
Old 27th November 2009, 11:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

It is better to crank with the electrical items switched off (HL, ICE, AC...).

Since it has not occured again, i think there is any reason to worry. take care and drive safe.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

One question, do you wait for the glow plug light to go off before cranking?
Old 27th November 2009, 11:39   #4
BHPian

Yep I do that every time and also wait for the red n blue lights to go off before I start except when I have to start with the blue light on when the engine is cold.

As I said the problem occurred y day and today morning and it definitely doesn't mean its over and this wont come back to haunt me in the middle of Bangalore traffic nightmare on Sarjapur road.

Once a couple a months ago rats chewed away the Pete's connector wires but I managed to put them back together, I check if its the same case this time but all wires look intact in the engine bay. I know its safer to take it to HASS, but I want to wait till this happens again and I will surely be off to the HASS with the pete's box removed. :(
Old 27th November 2009, 16:19   #5
BHPian

This can happen due to a clogged fuel filter. Anarchist, when was the fuel filter changed? And how much has your car done?
Old 27th November 2009, 16:32   #6
BHPian

In addition to what live2drive has said, do you have the habit of fillling in fuel after the tank is nearly empty or do you fill up earlier? Try to avoid filling up after the tank is nearly empty.

Another issue might also be air in the fuel line. You will have to bleed the fuel line to get the air out.
Old 29th November 2009, 22:02   #7
BHPian

Well to answer both ur questions, my car has run 22k, and its been 2k since the car was serviced and I always fill fuel as soon as the needle goes to the last line before the empty sign (I am not sure thats the right way to put it though) and the top up is always 30 litres max to full tank with the autostop cutting in. I will need to check the fuel filter and the fuel line, hope to make it to the HASS to check it up tomorrow
Old 29th November 2009, 22:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Did u get the Fuel filter changed during the 20k service ?
Old 30th November 2009, 16:25   #9
BHPian

Yes the fuel filter was changed, today morning my car stalled 3 times in my 1 hour drive to work :(, I will not be able to go to HASS tomorrow too as I will be busy in meetings all day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks