Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 09:05   #1
BHPian

Weird sounds coming from the engine

I drive an M800 MPFI 5speed, Got my clutch plates replaced few months ago and now I get irritated to drive my car now with some weird sounds coming from my engine..

When the engine is idl, I get sounds from the engine as if some metal part is rotating and its getting in contact with the inner surface of the engine. When i press the clutch , The sound mutes, I got this to the notice of my service executive and he was like M800 5speed has this problem, Can't help it. I have no idea what to do regarding this problem,Do we have any way to fix this problem?
Old 30th November 2009, 10:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

If its going when you press the clutch, i doubt its coming from the engine. Get your transmision checked.

It would help if you could post an audio or vid clip of the problem.

Shan2nu
Old 30th November 2009, 10:42   #3
BHPian

I dont know what is happening, just a piece of advise. Refrain from using the car until you diagnose and fix it. I hope you dont accidently cause more damage to it by using it with the sound.

Cheers
Old 30th November 2009, 10:48   #4
BHPian

I agree with Shan2nu , since it is going away as soon as you press the cluthc seems like transmission issue.open up the engine bay and have somebody press and depress the clutch , check the exact location of the noise.It might help you to point out the source.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

If you are lucky the sound might just be a misaligned clutch and can be easily rectified, else it could a damaged releaser bearing.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:35   #6
BHPian

I'm giving my car for a service in a couple of days, I'll get this point to the notice of my service executive, I hope its not a major problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks