Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 09:24   #1
BHPian

Ritz - Sound from front suspension

Hello,

After my hectic journey to Hospet and near by places, i started hearing a weird sound from Front suspension. This happens when i hit a bump or path hole in low speed. I can hear a "Cleeeeek" sound from front left wheel. Since my vehicle is due for 3rd service this week, i would like to know what needs to be inspected thoroughly in front suspension. Experts, please guide me.
Old 10th December 2009, 09:36   #2
BHPian

Is that sound continuous, in a sense that it lasts for some moments or just for an instant. Since you have just completed 2nd service, i do not see any major wear out defects, it could be just a manufacturing defect. I can guess few problem, the springs attached to the suspension might be having a defect or there could be a fluid leak from suspension. To check the fluid leak, after a long drive run your hand around the suspension, if you can find any leak. For defect in spring you can visibly identify it.
Old 10th December 2009, 09:38   #3
MCR
BHPian

The suspension bushes requires lubrication / replacement. Similar noise had developed in my Santro(now sold) and changing the bushes solved the problem.
Old 10th December 2009, 11:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumya_Ramesh View Post
Is that sound continuous, in a sense that it lasts for some moments or just for an instant. Since you have just completed 2nd service, i do not see any major wear out defects, it could be just a manufacturing defect. I can guess few problem, the springs attached to the suspension might be having a defect or there could be a fluid leak from suspension. To check the fluid leak, after a long drive run your hand around the suspension, if you can find any leak. For defect in spring you can visibly identify it.
Thanks. I have completed 2nd service long back. Now, my vehicle is due to 3rd service. I will check whether it has any leak from the springs.
Old 4th February 2013, 10:21   #5
BHPian

Re: Ritz - Sound from front suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Thanks. I have completed 2nd service long back. Now, my vehicle is due to 3rd service. I will check whether it has any leak from the springs.

Hi did this issue get resolved? I am facing the same issue on my Ritz Vdi from the last 1 yr now. 3 services i have tried to get it resolved..it did not work.

Today i plan to write an email to MSIL.

Let me know what was done on your car to solve the issue?
Old 4th February 2013, 10:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

No permanent fix to this. This is due to the short travel suspension components on the Ritz. Its not a problem. Just go slow over the bumps that's all.
Old 15th October 2013, 21:27   #7
BHPian

In my last 50,000 Km service the following parts were replaced in my car due to some noise which was pointed to me by MASS themselves-

TUBE FRONT COIL SPRING
SEAT FRONT COIL SPRING
SUPPORT, FRONT STRUT
STOPPER FRONT STRUT REBOUND
CAP, STRUT ROD
BEARING, FRONT STRUT
PLUNGER STEERING RACK

The car was under extended warranty when the service took place (about 10 days ago). According to the warrantly booklet the following are covered under Suspension and Steering-

Arms with associated ball joints, Rear trailing arm & coil spring, Rack & pinion, Bushing, Steering column, Tie rods and tie rod end, Steering knuckles, Steering box, Power steeting pump, Wheel bearings, Shock absorbers, Struts

I had enquired with MASS and they informed me that warranty is applicable only if struts itself changed and not for the above parts which are part of 'wear and tear / consumable'. I am doubtful of their claim.

Are they taking me for a ride? Someone please clarify

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks