Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2015, 18:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Indica Petrol - Why am i getting such low mileage?

TuSorry for digging up the old thread, but i own 2007 indica xeta glx 1.4. I get only 9-10 kmpl. I read about replacement of few parts to get better fuel efficiency. Has anyone tried this? Does it really works? I service my car at local service center, should i go with TASS?

Last edited by tushky : 29th March 2015 at 18:21.
Old 29th March 2015, 22:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Sorry for digging up the old thread, but i own 2007 indica xeta glx 1.4. I get only 9-10 kmpl. I read about replacement of few parts to get better fuel efficiency. Has anyone tried this? Does it really works? I service my car at local service center, should i go with TASS?
I own and drive an Indigo petrol (GLX model/MPFI, 1,50,000 KM+) with a 1405 CC engine. I am using it for slightly over ten years now. Do not wish to dump it or sell it, as it was my father's car and still has a sentimental value to my mother. Trust me, it is almost the same mileage I am getting since the day one (while driving in city), of course with AC on. But it still has very good mileage on highways. Just on my last trip to north Bengal, measured on a tankful to tankful basis and on a good surface, it gave me over 16 KM to a liter (without AC).
rahul4640 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 09:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
TuSorry for digging up the old thread, but i own 2007 indica xeta glx 1.4. I get only 9-10 kmpl. I read about replacement of few parts to get better fuel efficiency. Has anyone tried this? Does it really works? I service my car at local service center, should i go with TASS?
I have been using SystemG for quite a while now and get consistent 12-13kmpl in Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic. On highways, around 15kmpl. Mine is a Indigo CS GLS. I am sure the your car's tyres must be in good condition. Worn out tyres add to poor mileage. Did you get the car's engine flushed? That may also help in improving the mileage.
Old 30th March 2015, 17:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
i own 2007 indica xeta glx 1.4. I get only 9-10 kmpl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
I have been using SystemG for quite a while now and get consistent 12-13 kmpl in Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic.
Yes. SystemG is recommended even by Tata Motors. I believe that beside increasing the mileage, it also helps to keep the throttle and the injectors cleaner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
On highways, around 15kmpl. Mine is a Indigo CS GLS.
Just inquisitive, do your car also have the older version 1400 CC petrol engine? Am asking because modern day Indigo GLS cars have a 1196 CC petrol engine, which shall definitely give the user much better fuel economy.
Old 31st March 2015, 13:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post

Just inquisitive, do your car also have the older version 1400 CC petrol engine? Am asking because modern day Indigo GLS cars have a 1196 CC petrol engine, which shall definitely give the user much better fuel economy.
Mine comes with a 1.2L engine.
Old 31st March 2015, 13:52   #21
BHPian

My 2005 V2 is still doing its duty at my hometown. Its far less than what I use to drive here in Pune on daily basis.

In traffic and with the AC on, I don't get more than 10-12 km/lit and on the highway runs, it gives 15 km/lit with AC for sure.

The low running now and more in city drives, it has not returned better mileage recently. I hardly worry about that cause, just pump the pedal in any gear and she roars away - the pickup still puts a wide grin on my face
Old 31st March 2015, 23:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Will try system g. Lets see if it works or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks