Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2009, 12:40   #1
BHPian

Maruti 800 immobiliser?

A friend of mine has gone on vacation and taken the keys of his 800, but has given some of us permission now to use the car. Putting the guy on skype video to his neighbors, I was able to get a keysmith to replicate the keys of his car. The duplicated key successfully opens the door and cranks the starter but the engine just won't fire up. Is this an immobiliser at work? How if possible can it be bypassed?

There is sufficient petrol in the tank, car lurches forward if clutch is released while car in gear at the time of cranking. Lights/power/reverse music work.

I believe it's a 2008 model.
Old 21st December 2009, 15:54   #2
BHPian

Mine is 2003 model and does not have an immobilizer. I have tried starting with a duplicate key and it did start.
Yes, M800 - 2008 model do have immobilizers. The immobilizers in M800 were introduced in 2007, if I am not wrong.

Last edited by ranjitss : 21st December 2009 at 15:56.
Old 21st December 2009, 17:05   #3
BHPian

What is the procedure to start it now? Call the dealer? How much would everything cost? I have full authorization from the owner and proof (can put the guy on videophone).
Old 21st December 2009, 17:57   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
The duplicated key successfully opens the door and cranks the starter but the engine just won't fire up. Is this an immobiliser at work? How if possible can it be bypassed?
Best for you to wait until your friend comes back. Yes, only a dealer will be able to procure a duplicate icats key for you. However, the dealer will need the registered owner of the car to fill out an application. He won't simply hand over a working key to you....would beat the purpose of the icats, would it not?

Quote:
Putting the guy on skype video to his neighbors, I was able to get a keysmith to replicate the keys of his car.
You serious? A locksmith was able to create a duplicate, upon seeing the key in a video?
Old 21st December 2009, 18:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You serious? A locksmith was able to create a duplicate, upon seeing the key in a video?
No he worked directly on the car through trial and error. What I meant was I put the owner on live video to obtain permission from the building's security/neighbors to allow the locksmith to work on the car.

The owner won't be back for a couple of weeks, do you have more information about this application procedure? Is it acceptable for it to be emailed/faxed back? Also, I understand this is an RFID based system? If I acquire an RFID reader+writer how practical is it to do the job myself? I'm willing to spend a few hours learning.

Thanks
Old 21st December 2009, 19:21   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

It the immobiliser (iCATS in Maruti lingo) working, its not possible to bypass the system easily, only a experienced car thief can help you. My advice is avoid it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks