Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2009, 19:28   #1
BHPian

Opel Corsa 1.4 Gls Low Pickup And Sluggish

Hi Team,

I was Looking out for some advice here, I have Opel Corsa 1.4 2002 model, I have got it decarbonized and Even Replaced with new Air filter(Stock), however the pickup is too low and even Sluggish when the A/C is On, The Car has genuinely done 42000KM, however the exhaust completely worn out is leaking, I wanted to make sure, does changing it will really make any difference or Its any other issue, and The FE is really good close to 12km.

I however did checked with GM Service station he said all Corsa are the same, however I do feel it cant be so low.
Old 24th December 2009, 20:52   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster2 View Post
Hi Team,

the pickup is too low and even Sluggish when the A/C is On, The Car has genuinely done 42000KM, however the exhaust completely worn out is leaking, .
After completing which job on the car have you been feeling this?

please get the catalytic converter checked - it could have fallen apart leading to a partial block in exhaust

you could also get the throttle body cleaned;this on-line decarb is not advisable

Last edited by vigsom : 24th December 2009 at 20:54. Reason: edited
Old 24th December 2009, 21:33   #3
BHPian

+1 to vigsom

take it to any local exhaust place. ask them to remove the CAT-CON and replace with a straight pipe.
Old 25th December 2009, 07:27   #4
BHPian

@Vigam- The Car that I have bought is a Used one, however I have had this car since sometime and the car doesnt give any probs except the Low pick, I mean to say nothing has reduced the pickup, its just that I have seen other corsa's around zooming and min still tries to catch up them. I have got both throttle body cleaned as well as debcarb done
@ Vdiatech I do get to the point what you said about the Cat Con, But will it effect the Piston if I do so or reduce the mileage, coz what you said really makes sense as not to Compare but I have a Cat Con Shogun and I changed it will Old Non Cat Con exhaust and it changed massively in terms of Pickup.

One more thing Buddy My car has and exhaust which is with Bent pipe at the end the old Model I hope you get it, however I saw couple of corsa in which the exhaust tail in not bent and is visible. I hope this gives better explanation

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks