Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2005, 19:26   #1
BHPian

Electrical problems in esteem

Hi,

ever since the great deluge day on 26th July, i have been experiencing a couple of electrical problems i my carb esteem like horn not working of and on , a/c blower not working intermittently, etc.

The weird thing is that i am facing these niggling problem despite the car being submerged in the water only uptill axle level.

Any idea what could be wrong and how to fixitup ?

~A
Old 29th August 2005, 20:01   #2
Team-BHP Support

get the electricals checked by a professional, the terminals and connectors inside the engine bay, also check the fuse box if everything is aok as in not loose or something.
Old 30th August 2005, 10:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
also check the fuse box if everything is aok as in not loose or something.
infact the fusebox was the first things which was examined and all the fuses seemed to be alright...

~A
Old 30th August 2005, 11:32   #4
Team-BHP Support

check fuse box connectors and wires, as in any loose connections, inside engine bay there is another box which has some relays and fuses, check that also
Old 30th August 2005, 11:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you need to check for shorting near the AC pump and the Alternator, as Jaggu said also check all the connectors, they may have come loose. Get a good electrician to do a thorough run through on the car.
Old 31st August 2005, 11:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Looks like you need to check for shorting near the AC pump and the Alternator, as Jaggu said also check all the connectors, they may have come loose. Get a good electrician to do a thorough run through on the car.
Dear Psycho,

The funny part is that both the A/c blower as well as the horn work intermittently at times ...hence there is no problem of any shorting anywhere i guess.

regards,
aditya
Old 1st September 2012, 13:15   #7
BHPian

Re: Electrical problems in esteem

The Electricals

Recently, my Esteem Di developed a couple of electrical problems. Initially, on a highway trip in the evening, the headlights stopped working after which I had the car sent to a mechanic (a road-side car electrician). The next day, the AC stopped working, so I had the folks at MASS (Varun, Begumpet) look at it and when they handed it back, I drove it the next day to have the horn, indicators, and hazard lights stop working.

The Non-Electricals

Another problem that developed after the servicing at the MASS is the squeaking sound of an idler bearing (the service advisor explained that it is a part of the air conditioning subsystem and even rotates when the AC is switched off), which is not in stock - does anyone know of a supplier who can provide the part? The lock for the glove compartment was also messed with (it looks like they used a screwdriver to make the keyhole wider) by the MASS, but that's one of the more trivial issues.

Note: I'm not sure of where I should be posting this, as the problems are both electrical and non-electrical

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks