Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 22:36   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
akas,

how old is this baleno of yours? need to understand few things, would you mind sharing the age please?
It is 2 years 9 months old.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

1) I have another thread on Baleno crash. Its our Baleno that crashed. The accident was minor and not big one. The repair cost was Rs. 1.7 lakh. We too have paid heavily for headlights.

Full details, including bill are here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ely-small.html

2) Parts for Baleno are expensive and hard to procure. Many parts are now SGP and hence expensive. Also their availability is not very good. Kiran motors said that if at all our car needs suspension overhaul, it can take upto 15 days.

3) If engine work is not required, then also I suggest you get you car repaired from A.S.C. as they know their job which will be better than independent shop. Their work is not the best and their welding is not as good as the one performed by A.S.C as some A.S.C have Spot welding machines. Note that this depends and varies from location to location. I figured out that regular body shops have very poor welding quality. Fortunately for our case only one place required spot welding. IIRC, my father inspected if Kiran motors has Spot welding machine or not. They kept boasting about their welding, so dad asked where is that machine.

Any machine is not spot welding machine, and quality also depends. Look at more than one place before giving in your decision.

I think Baleno does not have tailored blanks so no big worry here, but look for somebody who knows and has equipment for spot welding.

Irrespective of where you are getting car repaired, just make sure that where ever the repairs are carried out, it must be quality. This is matter of safety also.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

From the accident snap, it seems to be a new model VXi. That would mean late 2005 onwards.

Was there any discussion with the insurance company around writing off the car?
Old 13th January 2010, 23:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) I have another thread on Baleno crash. Its our Baleno that crashed. The accident was minor and not big one. The repair cost was Rs. 1.7 lakh. We too have paid heavily for headlights.

Full details, including bill are here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ely-small.html

2) Parts for Baleno are expensive and hard to procure. Many parts are now SGP and hence expensive. Also their availability is not very good. Kiran motors said that if at all our car needs suspension overhaul, it can take upto 15 days.

3) If engine work is not required, then also I suggest you get you car repaired from A.S.C. as they know their job which will be better than independent shop. Their work is not the best and their welding is not as good as the one performed by A.S.C as some A.S.C have Spot welding machines. Note that this depends and varies from location to location. I figured out that regular body shops have very poor welding quality. Fortunately for our case only one place required spot welding. IIRC, my father inspected if Kiran motors has Spot welding machine or not. They kept boasting about their welding, so dad asked where is that machine.

Any machine is not spot welding machine, and quality also depends. Look at more than one place before giving in your decision.

I think Baleno does not have tailored blanks so no big worry here, but look for somebody who knows and has equipment for spot welding.

Irrespective of where you are getting car repaired, just make sure that where ever the repairs are carried out, it must be quality. This is matter of safety also.
Car is repaired now. It's only insurance thing that's pending. Yes they had Spot Welding machine and they did a good job in repairing car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
From the accident snap, it seems to be a new model VXi. That would mean late 2005 onwards.

Was there any discussion with the insurance company around writing off the car?
It's March 2007 model , yes it's a VXI.
Old 14th January 2010, 07:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
Also for the parts there is a indicator, an extra character or # or soemthing which says it is a imported part. the MASS guy i go to showed me that.
as far as I know,the SGPs have a - (hyphen)within the part no;MGPs have an M and cost less M
Old 15th January 2010, 10:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
as far as I know,the SGPs have a - (hyphen)within the part no;MGPs have an M and cost less M
There is no S or M in the part number. For example this is one part number "83661-60G01", whose description is "RUN FRONT DOOR GLASS, RH".
Old 19th January 2010, 15:12   #22
BHPian

Got my car and the bill was 2.8 Lakh.
Mods please change topic form 3.6 Lac to 2.8 Lac.
Old 2nd February 2010, 23:54   #23
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Got my car and the bill was 2.8 Lakh.
Mods please change topic form 3.6 Lac to 2.8 Lac.
2.8 is better than 3.6. But still!
How much of this would the insurance company pay?
Old 17th February 2010, 00:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
2.8 is better than 3.6. But still!
How much of this would the insurance company pay?
Insurance paid 1.85 Lakh.
Old 17th February 2010, 00:51   #25
BHPian

Your IDV must have been around 4.3ish, right?? So when your MASS quoted 3.6 lakhs for repairs, why did you not try to push the insurance surveyor towards writing it off as total damage?

PS: Your bill was 80k less than expected and insurance paid 65k more than you expected and you car is back. So many reasons to be happy.

Last edited by akshaymahajan : 17th February 2010 at 00:52.
Old 17th February 2010, 10:51   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Your IDV must have been around 4.3ish, right?? So when your MASS quoted 3.6 lakhs for repairs, why did you not try to push the insurance surveyor towards writing it off as total damage?

PS: Your bill was 80k less than expected and insurance paid 65k more than you expected and you car is back. So many reasons to be happy.

Initially MASS quoted around 2.4 Lakh and it's gradually increased.
Yes there are reasons to cheer.
Old 6th April 2010, 00:16   #27
BHPian

i had crashed my baeno last summer and the damage was as bad, mayb worse since the front end was smashed. i got the same qoute. since my car was a 2003 model with lower idv . we scrapped it. baleno is a very expensive car to fix if u crash it
Old 12th December 2017, 15:40   #28
BHPian

Re: Baleno accident repair invoice (2.8 lakhs!)

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 13th December 2017 at 00:35.
bhpfaninblr is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks