Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 14:06   #1
BHPian

Things that can be fixed by local Jugad (Indian Jugad Technology)

Things that can be fixed by local gujad the scope of the post is not bring the suggestion that gujad is better than replacing with new original part.

I know most of you must have heard the Joke -how a foreigner was able to make an Indian Trip in his old Mercedes & every time the car broke down in middle of road there was some Indian mechanic fixing it by local gugad & he after reaching back, specifies to Mr. Clinton as the best thing India Has is GUJAD Technology & Mr. Clinton asked our prime-minister to sell Gujad to US & Mr. Prime-Minister Replied that on the basis of this technology my government is working so I cannot sell it.

Coming back to the topic -Fixing new part is the best medicine but the scope is to just define that in some case even local gujad works ok for a considerable time frame with cost saving but with risk parameters.

Disclaimer * Remember Gujad is a Gujad & the post does not say that Gujad should be adopted; Gujad should only be adopted at owner risk.
It may or may not work in all situations.

I would request all to kindly give their valuable inputs with respect to the gujad which you all have experienced but at the same time kindly mention Cost Saving & Risk Parameter of all the Gujad as that might help a respective owner that whether gujad should be adopted or not as user relies on Mechanic about gujad information but this post would help the user with valuable experience of bhpian’s.

Some of my inputs are
  • Failure of Brake Master cylinder - Best Solution-Replacement with New Master Cylinder.
Gujad 1. - Brake Cylinder Washer to be build up by local washer manufacturer (Gujad one only after Gujad 2 Fail or not available) Cost Saving-85%
Gujad 2: Brake cylinder washer change with the one available in the market. Cost saving: almost 80 % comparing with new original one,
Risk: A little risk 10 days trials say 200 kms on both the case & see if experience of the end user is same or not. Case 1 carries more risk.
  • Failure of Excel (Right or Left or Both)- Best Solution – Replacement with new Excel.
Gujad 1: Replacement with a new one of original company say anvel excel(not sure abt name of the company) for Maruti with out MGP Stamp cost saving 35-45%.Risk: 0 %
Gujad 2: Replacement with a new one of local manufacturer cost saving 50 %.Risk 30% Trail & testing of 200 kms
Gujad 3 : Replacement of parts of excel like bearing etc in the existing old excel cost saving 60%.Risk 85 % trail of even 2000kms cannot make it sure.
  • Battery Low Power – Best Solution – Replacement with a new battery with higher amps rating.
Gujad 1 : Take out of batter water & application of eating soda for 4 minutes so that rust can be removed &refilling with Mineral water & take the mineral water out & filling with new tejab as they call it. Cost saving 98%.Risk: High but this gujad can make battery life last more for only 6 months.

Most of Us might also be aware of the Gujad that is one Indian Road – Used in lot in Uttar Pradesh Cities & I am sure in other states as well– Multiple applications. Used for Electricity, Sugar cane Juice,Road,Water Pump & last but not the least People mover without registration.

Thanks
Old 8th February 2010, 14:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think you mean Jugad ? And not Gujad lol.

Quote:
* Failure of Excel (Right or Left or Both)- Best Solution – Replacement with new Excel.
You meant Axle right ?

BTW, nice thread. If i remember correctly there was a similar thread sometime back in shifting gears.
Old 8th February 2010, 14:12   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
That was exactly what I was thinking. You beat me to it.
Old 8th February 2010, 14:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Mods please rename the tittle of this thread and do a jugad to all gujads .
  • Power antenna failure Mitsubishi lancer cost 4500
Jugad one: Fix the antenna from parts for the junk yard, Time consuming and costly 1500 for a used one

Jugad two: Buy a local power antenna for 800 Rs with one year warranty and replace it.
  • Number plate ratteling: New one 300 RS(non HSRP)
Jugad:Fix a double tape behind the number plate
  • Aging mitsubishi logos fading away
Jugad 1: cut and stick red stciker on all 3 star logo
Jugad 2: Adapt the debadged look

Pramod
Old 8th February 2010, 14:45   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

You meant Axle right ?

BTW, nice thread. If i remember correctly there was a similar thread sometime back in shifting gears.
till read this post, i was thinking what is this new tech . i heard about JUGAD but GUJAD.
i thought now the word may change to GUJAD

Anyway a good topic to discuss. I also beleive that JUGAD is always not safe but somtimes a life saver technology .
Old 8th February 2010, 15:10   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
till read this post, i was thinking what is this new tech . i heard about JUGAD but GUJAD.
i thought now the word may change to GUJAD

Anyway a good topic to discuss. I also beleive that JUGAD is always not safe but somtimes a life saver technology .

All of you are right I have even changed the word with Jugad.

It's right its Jugad.

Moderator request you to update the thread title to Jugad.

Yes you are right it sometimes happen to be a blessing if no solution to a problem is avaliable& you are struck in a middle of the road.
Old 8th February 2010, 15:51   #7
BHPian

Mods, do you have some internal jugads to automatically change all gujads to jugads;-}

I was thinking if Gujjus have come up with exclusive Jugads and going to get it patented.LOL

Last edited by sanjayc : 8th February 2010 at 15:52.
Old 8th February 2010, 15:57   #8
BHPian

An interesting thread to unveil ideas that dont match the design requirements. And yes, the tricks are mostly life savers and can be learnt from elderly mechanics and taxi drivers. Here are a few I have heard of.
1. Pure coconut oil for a leaking brake system, in a situation you have to drive a few kilometers for the nearest workshop.
2. A lump of detergent soap for a leaking fuel tank.
3. Bicycle spoke as a link for old ambassador accelerator actuation.
4. Some clutch or gear cable could replace a broken accelerator cable.
5. Strips of dry bamboo stem into Dynamo (Not the alternator) armatures, as coil retainers - Have witnessed this at a coil winding shop.
These ideas have been life & time saving tricks for stranded vehicles at places (& ages) where a 24 hour helpline was not available.
Old 8th February 2010, 16:37   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
An interesting thread to unveil ideas that dont match the design requirements. And yes, the tricks are mostly life savers and can be learnt from elderly mechanics and taxi drivers. Here are a few I have heard of.
1. Pure coconut oil for a leaking brake system, in a situation you have to drive a few kilometers for the nearest workshop.
2. A lump of detergent soap for a leaking fuel tank.
3. Bicycle spoke as a link for old ambassador accelerator actuation.
4. Some clutch or gear cable could replace a broken accelerator cable.
5. Strips of dry bamboo stem into Dynamo (Not the alternator) armatures, as coil retainers - Have witnessed this at a coil winding shop.
These ideas have been life & time saving tricks for stranded vehicles at places (& ages) where a 24 hour helpline was not available.
Very useful information

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks