Old 5th June 2010, 16:10   #31
Team-BHP Support

Please post it in the open for the benefit of other members and the guests
Old 5th June 2010, 16:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Please post it in the open for the benefit of other members and the guests
I didn't do that because i thought that i would be against the rule of commercial postings and i didn't want a infraction for that. Do you still suggest i post the details here ?
Old 5th June 2010, 16:38   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
I went to the service center last week,the turbo hoses and the intercooler was almost draining with engine oil,got them cleaned and when we went for a test drive after that the turbo kick was almost completely gone,the car was behaving as petrol with almost linear pickup.it was highly dissapointing as the maruti servicemen had no idea as to what the problem was and further accused us of not taking care of our car properly.we were accussed of over revving the car due to which the overflow occured.This highly angered me to which I was asked to stop giving inputs.This frustrated my cousin and we guys had a big row with the MASS guys and with the General Manager.They ordered the turbo and common rail which they surprisingly didnt have in stock.My cousin is going again to get the turbo and the rail changed tomorrow.I still feel that it isnt a problem with the common rail,more so of the turbo or EGR.But as it goes MASS guys dont know what it exactly is and they want to go by hit and trial method.
Well the sad story doesnt end here,another cousin of mine also had the same problems next day with his vdi after getting his 10k kms service.I have been seriously dissapointed with the Maruti Service and I have doubts about their handling of diesel engines from now.
Guys please help if I can get my cousins car serviced elsewhere.
The service guys surprisingly didnt know how to use the tech2 and to what all information it shows or what are the stock readings of boost pressure etc.
A definite case of Turbo failure, no doubt. And there are many such cases in Bangalore also.

And about M.A.S.S not able to troubleshoot, Maruti's were never good with diesel engines, they've always borrowed from other manufacturers.

Maybe they need to get trained by Fiat
Old 5th June 2010, 17:52   #34
BHPian

Cheapest TUrbo

Between all the cars that use the FIAT engine; the Ritz, Swift and Dzire use the cheapest turbo unit and that too in the highest state of tune. The cost of the new turbo is about half or 3/5 that what it costs in other cars using the same engine. Do note I am not talking about VGT turbo's here but the normal FGT units found in other cars like the Palio, Punto and the Vista. Make sure your replacement is not some cheap Chinese make which more often than not is palmed off to Maruti owners. Cost cutting effects (due to Maruti's make it cheap policy) is what your Fiat engine has succumbed to.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 5th June 2010 at 17:54.
Old 5th June 2010, 20:35   #35
BHPian

Ecu

Please have the MASS check the ECU. I had the same issue- loss of power, smoke etc. ECU was replaced under warranty, and it solved the issue.
Old 6th June 2010, 02:12   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
I didn't do that because i thought that i would be against the rule of commercial postings and i didn't want a infraction for that. Do you still suggest i post the details here ?
Are you commercially involved with that service station ?
Old 6th June 2010, 02:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Are you commercially involved with that service station ?

It belongs to a friend of mine and i spend time over there when i am more or less free.
Old 6th June 2010, 09:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
It belongs to a friend of mine and i spend time over there when i am more or less free.
Well,I have heard him about the person you mentioned but I thought they were more into the mod scene.I didnt know that they are also MASS,if so Ill visit him with my cousin.
Thanks
Old 6th June 2010, 10:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well,I have heard him about the person you mentioned but I thought they were more into the mod scene.I didnt know that they are also MASS,if so Ill visit him with my cousin.
Thanks

They have a mod thing as well as a MASS.I gave you the name of the MASS in the pm.
Old 6th June 2010, 11:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
The engines are the same only the mapping and probably the turbo unit is different. By the way the quote for Rs16000/- was for the 1.3 FIAT diesel engine in the Swift. Ripper changed his turbo in his Swift but this time he got a propah turbo from Peter for about Rs53000( he got it free though) and that unit is working fine in his hyper tuned FIAT engine. The turbo used in the FIAT engine for the Vista, Dezire and the Punto/Linea is about Rs23000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
AFAIK, even the Fiat 500, which sports the 1.3 MJD uses a Borg Warner turbo. The Swift, Palio, Punto use the same. I don't understand 'cheapest' here. You compared the prices of all the turbos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Between all the cars that use the FIAT engine; the Ritz, Swift and Dzire use the cheapest turbo unit and that too in the highest state of tune. The cost of the new turbo is about half or 3/5 that what it costs in other cars using the same engine. Do note I am not talking about VGT turbo's here but the normal FGT units found in other cars like the Palio, Punto and the Vista. Make sure your replacement is not some cheap Chinese make which more often than not is palmed off to Maruti owners. Cost cutting effects (due to Maruti's make it cheap policy) is what your Fiat engine has succumbed to.
Now I am really confused about the turbos used in these cars. Are they all having same turbo? Maruti uses a different turbo than TATA/Fiat? Are turbos used in Marutis lower in quality? Someone please clear the air.
Old 8th June 2010, 02:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

So what's the update ? Did you go to the place i suggested ?
Old 8th June 2010, 17:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
So what's the update ? Did you go to the place i suggested ?
No Sir,University Examinations are not giving me time to breath.Ill go to him as soon as I find time
Old 10th June 2010, 12:25   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Now I am really confused about the turbos used in these cars. Are they all having same turbo? Maruti uses a different turbo than TATA/Fiat? Are turbos used in Marutis lower in quality? Someone please clear the air.
If I am correct, the newer Maruti diesels comes with a Chinese make turbo which is of around 15k in cost. Where as fiats are using costlier turbos for their Puntos. Don't know the story of Vista. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Any Vista owners please confirm with T.A.S.S. In most cases, over filling engine oil will be the root cause behind a premature turbo failure. I can't understand how the customer can be questioned for over revving the engine. If their engine is not supposed to be revved up to that point, it should have been handled by the E.C.U itself by limiting the rpm, and I do believe newer generation diesel ECUs does this without failure. These A.S.S guys turns out pretty crazy sometimes on their arguments.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:22   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
If I am correct, the newer Maruti diesels comes with a Chinese make turbo which is of around 15k in cost. Where as fiats are using costlier turbos for their Puntos. Don't know the story of Vista. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Any Vista owners please confirm with T.A.S.S. In most cases, over filling engine oil will be the root cause behind a premature turbo failure. I can't understand how the customer can be questioned for over revving the engine. If their engine is not supposed to be revved up to that point, it should have been handled by the E.C.U itself by limiting the rpm, and I do believe newer generation diesel ECUs does this without failure. These A.S.S guys turns out pretty crazy sometimes on their arguments.
yes the bill of turbo replacement was around 13 thousand only.And these swift turbos are damn cheap and damn poor in quality.
Old 10th June 2010, 19:04   #45
BHPian

Quote:
yes the bill of turbo replacement was around 13 thousand only.And these swift turbos are damn cheap and damn poor in quality.
13k? Now I can be a bit relieved on the worries of turbo failures. Will try more flooring from now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks