Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea Petrol - 8 Days Old - Poor FE

Last Saturday I got delivery of my Fiat Linea petrol Emotion Pack in Mumbai and filled full tank petrol and after 6 days running around Mumbai with AC on the consumption average I got is 6.6 kms/ltr of petrol I have covered 700 kms Pla advise what has to be done , if I tell the dealer he wil ask the car to be kept with them for number of days as per my past experience with Honda City with similar problem Plss advise me what to do?
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:50   #2
BHPian

700 Kms is towards the higher side for the time taken for mileage to stabilize. My Fiesta petrol 1.4 gave me about 7 in the first couple of tankfulls and has since been stable at 13+. Give it some time and it should be fine. Ask a few more Linea petrol owners, exactly what team-bhp will help you do.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Last Saturday I got delivery of my Fiat Linea petrol Emotion Pack in Mumbai and filled full tank petrol and after 6 days running around Mumbai with AC on the consumption average I got is 6.6 kms/ltr of petrol I have covered 700 kms Pla advise what has to be done , if I tell the dealer he wil ask the car to be kept with them for number of days as per my past experience with Honda City with similar problem Plss advise me what to do?
You mention a similar past experience with a Honda City - perhaps it is your driving style?

Make sure you're getting petrol from a reliable pump.

Keep driving until at least 1000kms and if it's not peaked up by then, maybe there is a problem. You may want to look around the forum at other Linea owners to compare FE's.

Last edited by anekho : 2nd March 2010 at 21:34.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:38   #4
BHPian

hey Iqbal,

there are so many things to get a good average though, like the driving style, the traffic density, whether you switch off the engines when in signals, how well you anticipate your stops, well, so many thing s man. 700 kms i feel is too less to check out on the car for average.

Check out your driving style, since you are saying its the same with an HONDA !!!

Please come back with your findings.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:10   #5
BHPian

I own Linea Petrol emotion and i get an average mileage of 10+ in the morning/evening peak Chennai city traffic.

While going to office around 12 noon and returning back around 11pm gives me a mileage of 12+.

None of the Petrol Linea owners have reported a mileage less than 10 in this forum.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if I tell the dealer he wil ask the car to be kept with them for number of days as per my past experience with Honda City with similar problem Plss advise me what to do?
Even my friend who owns Linea petrol use to get around 7KM/L initially, 700Km's is on upper side I guess, FE improved after 1st servicing. Now he is getting 12KM/L in city like Pune and 16KM/L on highway.

Since you mentioned that you had similar issues with Honda city, I would thinks its due to your driving style. Let someone other than you drive the car say for 50-100KM's and see whats the FE.
Old 3rd March 2010, 00:03   #7
BHPian

My ANHC gave about 9-9.5 on first tank to tank and has improved later on . Dont worry about mileage for first 1000 Kms. Our i10 Auto gives only 7.5 KMPL ( done only 600 kms till now )

If things do not improve after first service OR first oil change then you can consider getting it checked or reporting it to service centre.

I wouldnt advise that you let them tinker with it right now . The lesser the car internals are touched better it is. you would never know the competence of the guy working on your car ( Stands true for all garages and not fiat or any particular one )

Just relax and enjoy your new car.
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:11   #8
BHPian

It too early to get worried, please run it atleast 2K, finish your first service and then you can check it, however 6.6 seems to be very low so please check few things like the tire air pressure, your driving habbit like gear changing. and a fuel bunk cheaters while filling.

Quote:
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

IQBAL VEERJI,

Welcome to Linea club.
It'll definitely improve once engine settles.
may be after 1000 - 3000 kms.
Now your car is in Honeymoon period.
Ride and enjoy the car without thinking FE now.

Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:26   #10
BHPian

hi

i think its due to the driving style as you said it was similar with honda also. keep the correct tyre pressure, drive sedately and see if it improves. Try taking the car to a route with less traffic and see if the FE improves.
Old 9th March 2010, 15:22   #11
BHPian

I've got both a Honda City (2007) and a Fiat Linea (2009). The OHC has always given a mileage of around 12 - 13 in city driving conditions with the AC on. I drive the Linea in Mumbai mostly from Powai to Borivali everyday during peak hours with the AC always on. The least mileage that I got when the car was just a month old was around 9 - 10 Kms/liter and after 4 months today I am getting in the range of 11.5 - 12.5 Kms to a liter in city driving. Your post did surprise me. My advise to you - use the tachometer to time your gear changes. I always change to the higher gear at around 1500 RPM and rarely go above 2000 RPM.
When you are cruizing on flat roads you can afford to upshift at low RPMs as at there's less load compared to driving up an incline.
There are many tips on what one should do to improve fuel efficiency. You can refer to one such good thread by GTO on team bhp.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...fficiency.html

Let this not bother you and congratulations for joining the club of pround Linea owners.
Old 9th March 2010, 16:03   #12
BHPian

I also face the same problem with my petrol Linea. I've done over 6000 km now in last 5-6 months. As per the MID, FE I get is around 7 kmpl.

I did a "average trial" with a techinicial from BUB (Pune FIAT dealer) on tankeful-to-tankful basis, surprisingly it gave 18 kmpl. Unfortunately, I forgot to set the trip meter during this trial so don't have MID reading.

Now I'm going to do same trial myself this week to check for consistency. I suspect the MID setting is not correct in my car. I'll verify that this week. I've been reading all advices on getting best possible FE and trying to incorporate them as well. My Santro still gives me around 14 kmpl FE after 6 years.

@Iqbal - you may want to get that checked as well.

Although, I love all those Linea features and ride, this FE thing is causing me some concerns.
Old 9th March 2010, 16:15   #13
BHPian

Have u upgraded your tyres? If yes, some settings also needs to be changed.
Old 9th March 2010, 16:20   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Have u upgraded your tyres? If yes, some settings also needs to be changed.
Don't know about Iqbal. But I haven't changed anything.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
Don't know about Iqbal. But I haven't changed anything.
No Dear mine are stock tyres, infact I am going to Concord workshop tomorow for this consumption issue of 6.5 to 7 KM/LTRS.fand without seeing the car the service provider says on phone that it is more likely my or my drivers bad driving habits, and he will observe my driver and my driving first before attacking to the mechanicals, MY DRIVING LICENCE WAS ISSUED ON 17.5.1972 AND I HAVE BEEN DRIVING ALL TYPES OF CARS WE OWNED.. Viz. Ambassadors, Standard Herald,Matador F307 tempo,Sipani Dolphin, Maruti 800 1985 model, Maruti 800 1990 model,Maruti Omini, Maruti 1000cc,Maruti Esteem, Maruti Zen,Honda City, Honda Accord, Accent CRDI, to be precise, now I have to show them HOW I DRIVE THEIR PRODUCT so that they can come to the conclusion about BAD milage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks