Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2005, 12:17   #1
Suryam

Information about Electronic components

Hi,

Sorry for posting a mail something not exactly related with team-bhp -- though it has some relevance with cars.

I am tired of out desi/vedeshi car-manufacturers for not providing useful features in cars at reasonable prices(like seat belt warning, moving with park breaks).

I am doing a project on micro-controllers (PIC16F877A & 18F452x series) for my newphew. Some of the goal for the project are:
- Seat belt not put alarms
- Temperature sensors
- Parking break on while moving
- Some crude security system
- etc
The alarm can be of buzzer/voice type.

I got my micro-controllers, but I need to buy other ICs/stepper-motors/bread-boards/etc.

Would you please give me pointers where I can get these components in Bangalore(shops,telephones would be more useful)

Thanks in advance

regards

Suryam

Old 23rd September 2005, 13:55   #2
BHPian

What do you mean - parking brake on while moving ..are these going to be an audio warnings ? coz you already have a visual warning for parking brake on
and temp sensors too , most cars have guages too.....so are you gonna try to add audio warnings to these visual ones ?
sorry I cant help wit your question though
Old 23rd September 2005, 14:39   #3
Suryam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay
What do you mean - parking brake on while moving ..are these going to be an audio warnings ? coz you already have a visual warning for parking brake on
and temp sensors too , most cars have guages too.....so are you gonna try to add audio warnings to these visual ones ?
sorry I cant help wit your question though
I am going to add audio warnings(first version with a simple buzzer, future versions with voice messages)

The visual alarms in dash-boards are available in most cars, but audio ones would be better.

I want audio-alarm when parking break on with car moving(not when parking break on and car is stationary)

Suryam

Old 23rd September 2005, 15:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Suryam, for regular ICs and bread-boards etc, try SP Rd, near KR Market. All college labs source from there. Sorry, I don't have specific names or numbers.
Old 23rd September 2005, 22:17   #5
BHPian

Silicon

Sensors U can try any car accesories shop- Ask for Silicone car security. They ave these compoents to fit on the car.

U can try to get the sensors only and integrate with your Micro Process.

The basic unit with the controller is 3000 so only sensors should be cheaper.
Old 25th September 2005, 22:23   #6
BHPian

If the components you are looking for are usually used by colleges, try Om electronics on SP road. If its industrial, try vishal electronics, or darshan elec, again on SP road. .

And last I checked these were the phone numbers-

Darashan electronics - 57715239

Om- 22233726

Vishal - 51517640

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2008 at 08:27. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 26th September 2005, 11:05   #7
Suryam

Karthik,
Thanks for the information. On saturday, I bought some breadboards,etc on SP road. But could not get some other ICs/etc, will try this week.

Old 26th September 2005, 17:26   #8
BHPian

hyderabad

parking brake on while moving alarm is essential in city life bc we tend to forget regularly with many pre occupied bussiness on mind. i wish to know where these are available in hyderabad.
Old 26th September 2005, 17:48   #9
BHPian

Well if you forget to remove parking brake "regularly" then you must be doing something wrong or you didnt listen to your instructor when you learnt...

There is a dashboard symbol for P, which glows so you can kep a habit to look at your dash when you start to see if any warning lights have come on?
Old 26th September 2005, 18:32   #10
Suryam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay
Well if you forget to remove parking brake "regularly" then you must be doing something wrong or you didnt listen to your instructor when you learnt...

There is a dashboard symbol for P, which glows so you can kep a habit to look at your dash when you start to see if any warning lights have come on?
I agree that one should not forget(I also don't forget mostly, did forget for 2 times for a distance of 50m in 1 year).

But manufaturers can do better other than simply display a 'P' symbol in dash board. The cost of buzzing a beep(when they have already a signal ) is very easy and they can do. But they just don;t bother(OR add it as an HI-END feature). F

Old 27th September 2005, 12:00   #11
BHPian

The thing is...if you have too many audio signals/buzzers for all the various things in your car it would get mighty confusing as to what exactly is the problem and also can get annoying (unless you enjoy various noises)..so the car makers always have a balance of visual & audio warnings and of course , costlier the car more and more warnings are added...

coz simply, you dont really need an audio warning to remove parking brake when they already have a big lighted symbol, since any regular drivr will forget to remove the brake maybe once in a blue moon....

I would be happier if car makers put in seat-belt warning though since it does remind people (who dont wear) about it.
Old 2nd September 2008, 17:56   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Stepper Motors reqd - @ BLR

Guys, am looking for a Stepper Motor (for a friend).

Specifications are :
4 ph, 6 v
1.8 degree step angle
3 motors of 4, 6, & 8 kg torque ratings.

Need specific information regarding where exactly can I find these. Any help / inputs are welcome.

TIA !
Old 3rd September 2008, 03:28   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, am looking for a Stepper Motor (for a friend).

Specifications are :
4 ph, 6 v
1.8 degree step angle
3 motors of 4, 6, & 8 kg torque ratings.

Need specific information regarding where exactly can I find these. Any help / inputs are welcome.

TIA !
Don't know about specific motors , but i've seen Om Electronics keep stepper motors - not the Om elctronics thats at the start of SP road, this one is their other branch that sells robotic and other electronic kits. This branch is inside the building thats next to ICICI bank - a little further up from SP road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks