Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 23:21   #46
BHPian

Re: Punto Active brake issue

Little update from my side here. I usually don't drive with my foot on the brakes all the time. I use it only when needed. Issue seems to have stopped now. Don't know why but its been a couple of weeks since the issue last cropped up. How the problem cropped up still remains a mystery!

Cheers,
Kaushik
Old 16th June 2011, 15:06   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Even @iamcarnovice has had this issue for the past year I guess and all they have provided is a workaround rather than a proper solution. Too bad from FIAT.
FIAT said its you that's driving incorrectly. Some Hyundai drivers too said that this happens. I was thinking there is some link between the hydraulic brakes and the fuel injection mechanism and/or the clutch setup!
But I must add once I over came that minor glitch by modifying my driving style. Punto is still a dream to drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
My dad has a Punto 1.2 active for almost one year now. Till now no complaints, but now we are taking it on a long trip (1500 km). Am a bit scared after reading all this.
Minardi, On highways indulge the Punto bliss
Old 16th June 2011, 15:34   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcarnovice View Post
Minardi, On highways indulge the Punto bliss
True Iamcarnovice! 3 days back, returned from a 1360 km trip. Even the 1.2 L Punto with a full load was more blissful to drive than my wife's i10 at half load, though the latter accelerates better and is more zippier.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:41   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
True Iamcarnovice! 3 days back, returned from a 1360 km trip. Even the 1.2 L Punto with a full load was more blissful to drive than my wife's i10 at half load, though the latter accelerates better and is more zippier.
Ive taken mine out for a lot of long drives and been throughly impressed with the solid comfort that I was taking along. The 130 KM indicator only tells me that I am getting insanely carried away
Old 26th October 2011, 14:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hijacking this thread.

There was a low-pitched whoosh noise when the car breaks moderately hard, from the left front wheel. No screeching of any kind, just a loud hum.

Also noted the MID displaying a message that read something like "Insufficient brake fluid, do not proceed!" while cornering hard to the left. Found that there is plenty of it in reservoir. So took the car today, to Kulathunkal Motors, Trivandrum.

The break pad set was replaced, part number 0077362180. INR 2,396. The SA told me that the said part was not covered under warranty and...

Could this be true?

Apart from that everything was a breeze; the car was attended within 10 minutes and I was told to wait for 2 hours. Got the car back within that. Aah yes, the noise is gone.

(EDIT) Forgot to add: the odo reads 21600 +; blame it on my driving style (or lack of it). I have this problem of proceeding till the last moment and then breaking hard.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 26th October 2011 at 14:45.
Old 26th October 2011, 14:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
The break pad set was replaced, part number 0077362180. INR 2,396. The SA told me that the said part was not covered under warranty and...
Brake pads come under normal wear and tear, never replaced under warranty by any OEM. Only companies that provide additional service programs such as AMC by VW and BSI by BMW, the brake pads are replaced for no cost. But then you pay upfront for the AMC or the BSI..

But you might wana check why the car showed insufficient brake fluid warning when the brake pads were done and when there was sufficient fluid in the container...

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th October 2011 at 14:58.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2011, 15:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

Thought so... been verifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
But you might wana check why the car showed insufficient brake fluid warning when the brake pads were done and when there was sufficient fluid in the container...
Yup. I quizzed the SA and (an apparently senior) mechanic about this. This is what I understand:
- the break pads were really worn out. The on-board system might have guessed that there's a problem with the break, since the car has ABS.

Whatever, I tested the car while returning home today - in a left turn, which is one place where I've been getting the message. There was no message today. Will test it again tomorrow.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 26th October 2011 at 15:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks