Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 15:22   #1

Ford Fuson Plus Diesel

Hi friends,

I am from Pune and this is my first time to join this fabulous website, though I used to refer to some of the forums as a guest before. Looking at the wide base of car lovers, I could not resist to join but I also bring up a typical problem here and seek your expert advise on the same.

I was a petrol vehicle driver before shifting recently to Ford's Fusion Plus Diesel. After doing some 6000 km running, I experience some difficulties in driving. I daily commute 60 km up & down in busy and chaotic roads of Pune . For few days, after running 20-22 km, the engine would suddenly start to retard and sometimes vehicle would jerk & stall in the mid of the road when I started at green signals, I had to restart and go home with steering feeling really heavy & thought the brakes are getting stuck, Service center however opined differently and did the clutch bleeding. The problem is gone,... but the clutch has become more jerky now & its very difficult to control in sudden stop & go traffic. Also despite of driving alone with no baggage, and vehicle being DIESEL, I have to frequently need shifting the gears downwards while reducing the speeds marginally. Second gear is absolutely useless here as vehicle doesn't pick up unless I shift it back to 1st gear even if the speed is at 10-20 kmph. Diesel engines are known to be driving at low speeds even in higher gears. Could somebody guide me on the problem & also offer some driving tips especially for diesel engines please. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks