Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2010, 19:09   #1
BHPian

Advice & tips :Santro xing not going to be moved for 3 months

I need some advice on my santro which is going to be left standing for 3 months from now.I did a regular 6 month services just a week back.
I have a great fear in removing the batteries because when it is fitted again and if the person doesn't fit's it properly then it would be great issue.

Looking for a much need advice so that nothing goes wrong.

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 1st April 2010 at 19:12.
Old 1st April 2010, 20:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sudan - No worries, get the battery checked at the nearest authorized battery dealer & top up if required; remove the battery & most importantly, mount it on a wooden stand or stool.
Fixing the battery back is a child's play & it can be done easily; let me know if you want a DIY & I can post it for you.
I'm did the same when I was away for 3 months; when I came back & connected the battery, the car started just fine.

Edit - Provide a free pick up & drop & tip the guy at the battery dealer, he'll most probably be able to do it.

Last edited by aargee : 1st April 2010 at 20:53.
Old 1st April 2010, 20:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Sudan - No worries, get the battery checked at the nearest authorized battery dealer & top up if required; remove the battery & most importantly, mount it on a wooden stand or stool.
Fixing the battery back is a child's play & it can be done easily; let me know if you want a DIY & I can post it for you.
I'm did the same when I was away for 3 months; when I came back & connected the battery, the car started just fine.

Edit - Provide a free pick up & drop & tip the guy at the battery dealer, he'll most probably be able to do it.
+1 to what aargee said. Just remove the battery from the car store it in a dry place. If you want then you can spray some type of deterrent which keeps the rats and other strangers away from your car.
Old 1st April 2010, 21:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

I might be sound a bit stupid, what about the tyres? How do you protect them when not used for long periods?
Old 1st April 2010, 21:38   #5
BHPian

1. Disconnect the battery, just take out the Negative Terminal (-) Black wire from battery. When you come after 3 months, just connect it back. Before this get the battery water level topped and battery fully charged.

2. Unscrew all the spark plugs and put 2 - 3 drops of engine oil in each hole and put the spark plugs back.

3. Put the car on jack and place wooden blocks under the chassis such that when you remove the jack, the wheels are slightly above the ground and do not touch it.

4. Clean the car both inside and outside and see if there is no edible stuff inside your car which can attract mice etc. Interior should be dry and not damp at all otherwise it will develop fungus.
Old 1st April 2010, 21:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dos-donts.html
Old 1st April 2010, 22:14   #7
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Greenie !

Please continue in the thread mentioned above.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks