Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 23:35   #1
BHPian

Help with NHC jerking engine and brakes, Power windows and tyres

Hi friends I have a 3 yr old but just 20k kms old honda city which is used sparingly, I have few problems with my NHC and will be obliged if someone helped me out

1> engine jerks in 1,2,3 gears just above 1k RPM as if it's missing or something like that for 1 second, checked all wires in engine they r fine, went to company service but the service manager was a *** and blamed it on my driving even though i know its not, i asked him to atleast scan ECU which he said he did and said he has reset it but thew problem remains any advises please?
2> my left front tyre jams earlier then the other one in panic breaking got it bleeded 2 times but the problem remains

3> the auto up down feature does not work on driver window sometimes but normal up/down works. any ideas?

4> any advises on brand/model size on tyre upgrade?

5> i have a tough time negotiating speed breakers as they tough under belly and once even bent my silencer pipe. someone told me that u can increase the height of car by placing spacers or something. IS it safe and how is it done?

thanks for advises in advance

Last edited by Dippy : 14th April 2010 at 11:18. Reason: Correcting spelling - obliged.
Old 10th April 2010, 14:04   #2
BHPian

NHC is a very nice car to have for sure.

Regarding engine jerks at 1K RPM, try changing gears (upshift) around 1.5K-2K RPM, see if the jerks are still there. Ideally shouldnt be.
Regarding front tyres, are the tyres identical in shape, condition? If yes then suggest to take to service center ask them to investigate.. Also regarding the power windows, it might be a minor electrical issue.
Regarding tyre upgrades, there are plenty of suggestions, discussion in the Modification - Tyre and Alloy Wheel section of this forum
I would suggest not to alter the height of the vehicle with spacers etc, it would change the way the vehicle behave at high speeds, corners etc which wouldnt be good. Best to get used to and find a way to attack speed brakers (I have seen that moving the vehicle in 1st gear, very slowly and without applying brakes normally avoid scrapping the bottom) but this is not applicable for massive speed brakers where you will scrap for sure.

BTW - are you the single owner of this car for last 3 years and 20K kms or did you buy a used car? Just a question to understand more

Narayanan
Old 11th April 2010, 01:56   #3
BHPian

Thankx narayan for the reply, the engine jerkine is most prominent at stop and go traffic speeds which relates to around 1k rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear, the service guy didnt want to believe me and said it happened as i applied sudden acceleration when this is definitely not the cause

The right front tyre jams a fraction of second before the other both are in good condition with regular rotation,

its my new car being a doctor and staying above my clinic i get very less chance to drive it
Old 14th April 2010, 10:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
Thankx narayan for the reply, the engine jerkine is most prominent at stop and go traffic speeds which relates to around 1k rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear, the service guy didnt want to believe me and said it happened as i applied sudden acceleration when this is definitely not the cause

The right front tyre jams a fraction of second before the other both are in good condition with regular rotation,

its my new car being a doctor and staying above my clinic i get very less chance to drive it
what are the speed at which you are getting these rpm readings? I believe 1K rpm on second or third will give some engine knocking, please have a look at the user manual for the rpm & speed and proper gearing. I am sure honda's manual talks about these.

Also in your first post it was mentioned as left front tyre getting jammed before right, but here it was mentioned as right tyre first - which one?

I would like to ask -does the left tyre getting jammed first occur when there is a co-passenger in front? please try thins out with and without front co passenger and observe the behaviour and post your findings please? I assume they should behave differently..

Regards,
narayanang76
Old 14th April 2010, 20:39   #5
BHPian

I recently Had similar problem in my santro.
It was really frustrating and sometimes friends/family asked have you got engine replaced with a tempo engine.

My old mech. who has served my old car for years wanted me to buy a new petrol filter from Hyundai service only, so i went to purchase it, but there i found my
regular hyundai mechanic who said i can bet its not petrol filter as the issue is not visible on high speeds.

So he after taking permission and a temp. job card( as car was Recently, services and i paid 3.5k) , attached the OBD scanner and then found 1st Spark plug cable to be the culprit as it was shorting near the point where it touches spark plug.
Replaced the cable and its as smooth as ever.

So if possible take it to another Honda Authorized service and get the Spark Plug cables checked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks