Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 09:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Noise while engaging clutch pedal in santro, AC cooling also less

Recently my santro has a couple of problems:
  • clutch pedal makes a "kitik" noise when pressed fully to change gears
  • I got the AC service done and gas topped up, yet cooling is pathetic and compressor cuts off frequently.
Any solutions to this?
Old 12th April 2010, 10:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I got the AC service done and gas topped up, yet cooling is pathetic and compressor cuts off frequently.
Is this A/C for car or A/C at home? I'm asking this question out of ignorance because I'm under the impression that once the A/C compressor starts working in cars, it doesn't stops for cut off or to save power/fuel. But for the A/C at home, yes there's a cut off mechanism to save electricity. Could you explain this further?
Old 12th April 2010, 10:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

AC for car ofcourse. It takes time for cool air to come out of the vents and I think that the compressor cuts off as I have to press the button of AC off and on to get cool air. The AC service was done at Hyundai workshop with all passages cleaned.
Old 12th April 2010, 10:23   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Recently my santro has a couple of problems:
  • clutch pedal makes a "kitik" noise when pressed fully to change gears
  • I got the AC service done and gas topped up, yet cooling is pathetic and compressor cuts off frequently.
Any solutions to this?
Might sound a bit strange here but my VTEC has a similar problem and the mech says it's due to the clutch. Apparently I have also noticed the AC effectiveness going down suddenly when the car is in heavy traffic and I have to engage-disengage the clutch a number of times. The temp needle also goes beyond the half-way mark. The mech says the clutch needs an overhaul. He also made me feel the transmission tunnel (just to prove), which does become quite hot under such circumstances. Hope this helps.
Old 12th April 2010, 10:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It takes time for cool air to come out of the vents
Ok; but this is not to be confused with the compressor being cut off with a thermostat.

Sid, you don't need to worry if it takes less than 5-6 seconds in the late mornings. Just try checking this during early morning around 6-6:30 AM & the chilness should be felt immediately.

Quote:
and I think that the compressor cuts off as I have to press the button of AC off and on to get cool air.
Do you need to switch OFF to get a cool air? OR do you need to switch ON & OFF the A/C button serveral times to get cool air? When you do this switching ON/OFF do you feel or hear the idling sound of engine & sound of compressor motor running increase (when switching ON) and decrease (when switching OFF)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks