Team-BHP - 'Strange'st electrical problem in Fiat Palio 1.2
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   'Strange'st electrical problem in Fiat Palio 1.2 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/79512-strangest-electrical-problem-fiat-palio-1-2-a-2.html)

checked the hazard light switch? switch it on / off couple of times?

with ignition/engine & headlights (/& fog lights) on try this:

1. switch on indicators (LHS and/or RHS) and see any thing abnormal with the brake light / tail lamp / head lamp (with high beam) / side lights (parking light) - check for irregular lumen / blinks

2. repeat above (without starting engine) - slot in the reverse gear and check the working of the lights including reverse lights.

if everything is working perfectly - the problem lies somewhere else.

all the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 1841856)
So you mean to say its the relay thats making sound? If so first thing is to completely check the turn light wiring, connectors, earthing points etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravikn (Post 1841896)
I might be wrong here, but is this anything to do with the combination switch? just making a wild guess since that kat kat might also come if there is some internal loose connection in the switch.

@jaggu.. Yes its the relay in the flasher thats making sound. The mechanic has checked the earthing and cables but they are all fine.

@ravikn -- The mechanic did say about the combination switch but what I am not sure is why does the sound go away when I brake or turn the headlight on?

In my 2002 Palio 1.2 ELX, I have a minor version of the same problem. Evey time I use the horn, there is this same "kat" sound from the relay. Since, this "kat" sound comes at the same time when the horn blows, the sound gets "hidden" and it is difficult to hear (hence the problem is not even noticeable). But when I pay close attention, I can hear this "kat" sound. This started happening around 4 years ago. I showed it to a mechanic who said this is a "relay sound" and is normal. It is there since last 4 years. Since there are no other problems associated with this in any sense, I am ignoring it and I haven't faced any issues so far.

By the way, in my car's case, the sound comes only when I use the horn and not when I use any other electrical equipment. But I believe the root cause must be the same in our cars.

I hope you have a remote central locking system, and an after market one at that one. Is the power window control connected to the central locking unit? (when you lock the car, the windows roll up automatically)
It could be a faulty relay or a loose wire end or maybe even the actuators of the same.
Just my 2 cents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 1841975)
...Yes its the relay in the flasher thats making sound. The mechanic has checked the earthing and cables but they are all fine...

As i mentioned on the last page. Replace it! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.AD (Post 1842667)
....this "kat" sound comes at the same time when the horn blows....

Relays are basically a mechanical switch where a smaller current can switch a much larger current.
Inside the relay is an ELECTROmagnet that pulls a spring loaded contact towards it when activated. This is the click sound you hear.

If the sound really bothers you - you could change the relay with some sort of solid-state device (ie no moving/clicking parts).

cya
R

@rehan... I even changed the relay but that also started to kat kat withn in 5kms from the mechanic's shop! I will be visiting Samyak Motors tomorrow or day after and see what transpires.

Even my palio(1.2 / 8 yrs old) has similar problem. I have a wiring with relay for my Hella rally lights but that is running fine for 1.5 years.
There used to be a sound when i switch on the A/C. These days, that sound comes even without switching on the A/C..while driving the car...while braking etc.

The major worry is, all the bulbs in my Palio (Car head lights / indicator / tail lamp etc) are going off one by one.. :eek: i have had 4 different incidents within a single month..some times, the bulb is just fine but the current does not go to that bulb. I learnt that Concord motors dont have people who knows about Palio electricals fully..they are just learning with my car. :Frustrati

If any of you guys know any good mechanic who knows well on the Palio electrical circuit, please give me the contact. I am going to change the headlight assmbly as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddy (Post 1892483)
If any of you guys know any good mechanic who knows well on the Palio electrical circuit, please give me the contact. I am going to change the headlight assmbly as well.

@Daddy,

You can Contact Mr. Venkatesh from Gowri Automobiles, near SajjanRao Circle. He has a Palio electrical expert with him who is handling all electrical work Retro/PreNv/NV Palios from last 10+ years. I hope this place should address your problem. I have been visiting his workshop for more than 3 years now and am a happy customer since all the problems do get addressed without fail. You can refer my name when you call him.

Ventakesh's ph: 9379192193

Good luck n hope your electrical issue will get addressed soon. :)

thanks for the details Ravi. Will contact him soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.AD (Post 1842667)
In my 2002 Palio 1.2 ELX, I have a minor version of the same problem. Evey time I use the horn, there is this same "kat" sound from the relay. Since, this "kat" sound comes at the same time when the horn blows, the sound gets "hidden" and it is difficult to hear (hence the problem is not even noticeable). But when I pay close attention, I can hear this "kat" sound. This started happening around 4 years ago. I showed it to a mechanic who said this is a "relay sound" and is normal. It is there since last 4 years. Since there are no other problems associated with this in any sense, I am ignoring it and I haven't faced any issues so far.

By the way, in my car's case, the sound comes only when I use the horn and not when I use any other electrical equipment. But I believe the root cause must be the same in our cars.

Exactly same with my Fiat Petra 2004. Kat Kat sound comes only when using horn.

Sorry to dig up the old thread. I am having a peculiar issue with my GTX though its not disturbing but neverthless. when I turn the left and right indicator the dashboard indicator works. But when I turn the hazard light turn indicator on the dashboard is not working. When you slightly press on one side indicator is showing in the dashboard. Mechanic told to replace the whole hazard switch assembly :Shockked: . Today I had a chance to dismantly the center A/C assembly. I found that they broke the two screws holding the A/C console. Upon stripping the entire switch assembly I found they have sprayed too much oil. Cleaned everything with IPA followed by WD40. Hooked up the hazard switch in a multimeter and I found out its working perfectly.
I am trying to explain the scenerio in best possible way. The top three pins are power pins A,B,C. A and C carries + 12v. When Hazard switch is not used the power is supplied from A to B. When Hazard switch is used B gets power supply from C to B. On the bottom of the switch it has another 4 pins E,F,G,H. When the power is just connected and hazard lamp is not turned on pin F is getting 6.5V. When you press the switch the value cycles between 0 &12V (Flasher ) on four pins. When you Tape the pin E and use flasher Dashboard light blinks but left side indicator is not working. This makes me belive when you press on one side the switch is not making contact with pin E so momentarily the flash is showing in the dash when you press fully in all 4 pins engage and makes the dash flasher to go off. Does this mean some where in the wire they have taken 2 positive leads to the led flasher.

I also feel it is a faulty cutout which is making this kat kat noise, which area does this noise come from?

IMO, it's a short somewhere. I had the same problem with my 1.2 sometime back, got it fixed just in time before I could go insane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijaycool (Post 2307328)
I am having a peculiar issue with my GTX though its not disturbing but neverthless. when I turn the left and right indicator the dashboard indicator works. But when I turn the hazard light turn indicator on the dashboard is not working. When you slightly press on one side indicator is showing in the dashboard.

@vijaycool, I am having the exact problem for ages.. May be from the second year onwards. I have ignored it and living with it. Did you manage to solve the problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejoy (Post 2359669)
@vijaycool, I am having the exact problem for ages.. May be from the second year onwards. I have ignored it and living with it. Did you manage to solve the problem?

I have opened the Dash and found that autocop security wires has been taken from the hazard light wiring. when we open the doors the hazard light blinks thrice. I am guessing that could be the culprit.

Regards,
Vijay