Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 11:00   #1

strange water leak via door in ZEN

hi guys, I'm facing a strange issue with water entering the car through left door. My car's parked on the road side and it's always tilted with left side of the car being on the higher ground (20 degrees) or so.
when ever it rains, I see gallons of water being absorbed underneath the left floor mat. One day I decided to see from where the water's entering, poured loads of water on the left shield and to my surprise the water was leaking through the power window switch and speaker (after marker), decided to get it checked at Mandovi (wilson garden), the mechanic there tried many things like bending the door, playing around with the roof line beeding(spell) and so on, ENOUGH, I asked him to stop the madness and change the window/door beeding and check. Changed with window beeding, no use.
When the car is parked on level ground, there's absolutely no problem.

So what do you guys think the actual problem is?

Any good mechanic where I can get my car checked for body lining and any other body related issues?

Since it's raining in Bangalore now,I need to get this thing sorted at the earliest, any help would be really appreciated.
Old 15th April 2010, 14:22   #2
BHPian

Quickest thing would be park the car in opp direction, making your right side higher than left side till the issue is sorted out.

Also, there are few holes in doors at the bottom to vent out the water. Check for it.

You can also try sitting in the car with door panel removed and tell someone else to pour a bucket full of water and see whats happening.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:23   #3
BHPian

Skyliner - Check if the water collects after you use the AC. If you notice that water enters only after you use the AC then this is the drain water from the AC Vent. Dont worry about this too much. There is a drain pipe near the center console from the pasenger side, that disharge pipe has displaced from the drain hole / the drain hole is clogged. This results water entering the left side passenegr. Dont loose your sleep ove this, go to any mechanic and ask him to connect the drain pipe to the hole if you are noat able to dio it yourself.

Try to drive your vehicle without the AC being on the whole day and the park it. Check for water leakage if any.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:27   #4
BHPian

Seems like the water is seeping in through the space between your window glass and the frame and is accumulating inside the door. There should be some drain holes in your car door to route this water out....take out the door panel and try pouring the water on the window at the same angle and see where the water is flowing in from..
Old 15th April 2010, 18:38   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Skyliner - Check if the water collects after you use the AC. If you notice that water enters only after you use the AC then this is the drain water from the AC Vent. Dont worry about this too much. There is a drain pipe near the center console from the pasenger side, that disharge pipe has displaced from the drain hole / the drain hole is clogged. This results water entering the left side passenegr. Dont loose your sleep ove this, go to any mechanic and ask him to connect the drain pipe to the hole if you are noat able to dio it yourself.

Try to drive your vehicle without the AC being on the whole day and the park it. Check for water leakage if any.
it's not related to AC, most of the times I drive around with AC and absolutely no problem. As I mentioned earlier I can see the water leak through my door speaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
Quickest thing would be park the car in opp direction, making your right side higher than left side till the issue is sorted out.

Also, there are few holes in doors at the bottom to vent out the water. Check for it.

You can also try sitting in the car with door panel removed and tell someone else to pour a bucket full of water and see whats happening.
yes parking the car in opposite direction does solve the issue and that's what I've been doing now, but I don't like any leakage in my car you see
The holes near the bottom of the door were cleaned in Mandovi.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:34   #6
BHPian

I had a similar issue with my old honda city.The water entered inside during rains .I got checked each rubber beading but of no use finally decided to diagnose it. Took someone and asked him to pour water using water hose and i went under the dash to see from where the water was coming in. It was seeping through the bonnet release cable.The place from where the cable enter the cabin has a rubber around it and there was a little cut in the rubber. As the cable was incline so the water droplets came inside through that little gap flowing on the cable.

I think you have a similar problem .
Old 15th April 2010, 19:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

There are vents at the bottom for letting water out as was mentioned by someone, try to clear them.

When I got my car (hand me down in the family), they were clogged and rust had eaten up a spot in the door.

Do get it rectified soon!
Old 15th April 2010, 20:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

I Had this problem in my esteem, i have this problem in my lancer, the problem first of all is the faulty door beading, second problem is the drainage, Remove the door rubber beading which surrounds the door and see if the water flows out, if it doesn't the drain holes are choked, get them unclogged.

Pramod
Old 25th April 2011, 18:18   #9

Re: strange water leak via door in ZEN

apologies for re-igniting this thread blame it on Bangalore rain!!!

when parked at an angle, water enters through speaker.
the problem still exists, tried various things, nothing worked.

noticed new thing now.
there is water stored somewhere underneath co-driver seat, when ever the car jerks or while applying brake, I can hear water moving too and fro, strange, where can it possibly be?

checked door pockets opening and things, they are clean, nothings blocking there and no water in door for sure.

planning to take my care to some mechanic or MAS sometime soon.
any recommended mechanic for this job?
Old 25th April 2011, 18:25   #10
BHPian

I can think of only one solution of this problem. Get the inner door molding removed. and then check by pouring water on the car. I believe only then you can find out the area from where the water is entering. Only then you can think about repairing it.

My Two cents.
Old 25th April 2011, 18:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Whereever the sound is coming from ,just take it to a decent workshop ASAP.Water +Car body means only one end result .RUST !!!
Old 27th April 2011, 10:32   #12

visited Mandovi yesterday and after lot of investigation found the water inside running board

last week I had to wade through many water clogged areas and possibly it might have entered through door sil, that's my best guess.

checked floor and other related areas for rust, they look clean, though the inner material covering the floors are completely ruined :( Anyways will find a solution for water entering through speakers. Will update you guys when something is done.

thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 27th April 2011, 17:37   #13
Team-BHP Support

I had a similar problem; though I experienced only the "hear water" part. I'd posted it here to0 :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2159188

Rains subsided after that so I couldn't get that sorted out. With rains now hitting Bangalore, I'll be making a trip to A.S.S. soon to get it checked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks