Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 21:26   #1

Lancer Power Antenna issue

Hi Friends! Recently the Steel sections(Pipe) along with the plastic winder from my Lancer's power antenna came out, all of a sudden.Does anyone know a mechanic/electrician from Mumbai, who knows how to fit it back in again? I tried asking several ppl in n around Milan subway but no one was aware of it.

The motor of the power antenna is still working fine (it is still the original one).I even tried replacing the entire power antenna unit with the new one , unfortunately a duplicate one (so called made in Japan) and the moment I turned on the Car deck ,the antenna was thrown off from its base too! Nodoubt i'll be getting the replacement from the dealer from whom I bought it from Opera House , but just wanted to know if it can be fixed ,since the original motor is still working fine.

(Car: Lancer sfxi 2000)

Thanks in advance!
-Raj
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

The antenna can only be fixed if you have a donor antenna with a bad motor, I had a similar issue, i went to Mitsu A S S to find out that the antenna costs 4k. So went to a dealer and brought a normal antenna for 1k inclusive of fitting, he has wired it in such a way that it operates only when the radio is turned on. and has been working perfectly fine since last 6 months.

Pramod
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:46   #3

Yeah! Thanks Pramod for ur reply.Well, did some research on the power antenna functioning and came across these helpful videos,which I'd like to share:

Even though the videos r related to Mazda Miata n Honda the basics of power antenna are same .So,I'll try it out on my car soon n lets c if it works out !
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_d View Post
Yeah! Thanks Pramod for ur reply.Well, did some research on the power antenna functioning and came across these helpful videos,which I'd like to share:

Even though the videos r related to Mazda Miata n Honda the basics of power antenna are same .So,I'll try it out on my car soon n lets c if it works out !

Best of luck with your DIY, but be careful and dont messup anything, if i get to DIY i usually messup something . But since you have already brought another antenna why do you want to fix this one?

Pramod
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:59   #5

As I'd mentioned earlier , the moment I installed the new DUPLICATE Antenna the entire steel ariel came out from the base in its initial functioning.Now since the original (factory fitted) assembly is still working fine, I just need to fix the steel ariel along with the nylon thread into it.The cost of Duplicate Antenna is 1200Rs while the Original costs around 5700 - 6000 Rs.I faced this Antenna issue after a period of 10yrs while the duplicate one, didn't even last for 2mins!So gonna do some experiments.
Old 27th April 2010, 14:59   #6

Power antenna ariel fixed!
Old 30th May 2013, 12:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lancer Power Antenna issue

Hey Raj can you help me with how you were able to rectify the problem. I too have a power antenna in my Lancer which is not working properly. The antenna goes up without any hiccups but once it is lowered it makes a terrible grinding noise continuously. I disconnected the power to the power antenna and since then the power has remained disconnected.

I wanted to know which is the original make of the OEM power antenna in the Lancer. Also help me know from where in Mumbai you got this repair done.

Thanks in advance.

navin_v8

Last edited by navin_v8 : 30th May 2013 at 12:11. Reason: grammatical error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks