Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2010, 20:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Problem with my Santro's Hyundai Autocop COBRA alarm system

I have this autocop COBRA central locking with remote burglar alarm and an immobilser fitted in my santro from Hyundai showroom as a Hyundai genuine accessory with full bill and 3 years warrenty card.

All of a sudden, the doors automatically unlock when I lock my doors with the remote. I tried to reprogram the system by reading the owners manual but of no avail. Re-coding also is not producing any solution. Currently I have locked the doors manually, after that the doors thankfully have not unlocked.

I have called autocop people tomorrow meanwhile, is there any solution to this problem, presuming that many santro owners here have fitted Hyundai cobras?

Details:

make: Hyundai santro XO 2006 model with factory fitted manual central locking.
Cobra model: Hyundai cobra from autocop, model number 3193.
Old 25th April 2010, 20:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

Did you try with the spare remote ?

That'll give the idea if the problem is with the remote or the lock.
Old 25th April 2010, 20:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

The second remote is working fine, after reprogramming with it. Thanks, eddy.

The other remote seems to be problematic. Will get it resolved tomorrow.

Last edited by sidindica : 25th April 2010 at 20:59.
Old 25th April 2010, 20:50   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Please try resetting the unit by disconnecting the battery and then see.

Else,the wiring might not have been done properly.
Old 14th November 2010, 01:42   #5
BHPian

Similar issue here, don't want to start a new thread so using this one.

Since last few days I noticed when i lock my car using remote, the left hand doors start making rattling sounds, this was occasional and now have become more frequent.

I have to open the door and press down the door lock button on my santro and then Arm the auto-cop, but again the buttons start showing loud rattle sounds and mostly one of 2 doors gets unlocked.

In my town there's very limited auto-cop capable mechanics and i need some advice before they RIP Apart most of the wiring of my car.

I think i have Hyundai cobra from autocop which came along the car in 2006
I tried with other remote too, but it seems either a wiring issue or some other problem, can someone shed some light ?
Old 15th November 2010, 11:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

call up autocop helpline directly in your area and they will have technicians dispatched at your place. Your LED light (small blinker placed under the bottom right of the steering column) may need replacement.

Problem with my Santro's Hyundai Autocop COBRA alarm system-i18776.jpg

The thing is shown marked with a dark black circle.
Old 16th November 2010, 04:57   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
call up autocop helpline directly in your area and they will have technicians dispatched at your place. Your LED light (small blinker placed under the bottom right of the steering column) may need replacement.

The thing is shown marked with a dark black circle.
thanks, but its not the L.E.D. thing, as i've checked it already.

Also took out the auto-cop which was somewhere under the dashboard and dis-connected it, as my car was with central locking, removed autocop unit and then pushed down the driver-side door lock button which should lock all 4 door but without autocop arming, but this gave same rattles on both left doors, so what i fell like is its certainly a issue with either some relay sparking or its one of the locking motor not letting the lock cycle to get completed.

Problem with my Santro's Hyundai Autocop COBRA alarm system-autocop.jpg

The above is the unit which i disconnected, it also has a wire coming out from side which is insulated and isolated, anyone knows what this wire is for.
Also i found 1-2 wires after harness cut since start, may be its some function not activated or not supported in Santro.

I don't think autocop would serve in my town, however will call and check with them today itself as its a mess to manually lock/unlock all doors everytime i need to go out.
Old 17th November 2010, 02:57   #8
BHPian

Just to update this thread with a possible resolution for future searchers, the problem with door knobs doing rattling has been now narrowed down to either a Relay, or one of the locker(think its called gun or something) which is inside the door.

As it was getting dark the repair has been re-scheduled to tomorrow, will try to bring a few pics of the culprit.
Old 18th November 2010, 03:13   #9
BHPian

Went again to the shop this late afternoon, the shop keeper said auto-cop installer is here and there were 2 guys they examined the remote lock, without even disconnecting or re-connecting or even looking into unit/fuse/relay etc

said, your firing motor for 3 doors is kaput, as your car came with central locking from hyundai, those motors are Rs.2500 Each. but if you want to install the after-market ones, they'll cost you Rs.350/each.

I said how come 3 door motors can go kaput in one shot, and how come its working sometime and without any issue on any door, they just refused to listen, they gave me their phone number and said if you need it fixed you'll need to get 3 motors and give us a call tomorrow, This is a SHOCKER for me.

I am certainly checking with other mechanics tomorrow but i expected a proper testing before pointing blankly saying we'll need new motors this looks like kids were trying to rip off as much money as they could.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

our 2009 Getz had the same problem with the Cobra (OE central Locking + after-market Cobra from dealer).

This happened a month back - when we tried to lock - the driver's door lock worked - the other 4 doors (hatch, 3 doors) didn't work - manually locking using key didn't help. Problem was diagnosed by Autocop as OE malfunction and that Cobra is working fine.

The actuators / guns were changed under waranty at HASS.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 18th November 2010 at 11:31.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

If the problem is with the guns then, your normal manual central locking should also reproduce the problem.

@Sid: I also had a problem with my Autocop remote recently. It just stopped funtioning. Called the Autocop helpline and a technician came within 3 hours. He did all his diagnosing properly and told me that a new remote will cost 490 if i give the damaged remote back and 790/- otherwise. The took 150/- as service charge since it was out of warranty. If I had given him 490/- on the spot for the new remote then even 150 would have been adjusted in that.

PS: I think I spotted you again in the Santro in the Phase 2 market area yesterday evening around 6.30.
Old 18th November 2010, 12:27   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
If the problem is with the guns then, your normal manual central locking should also reproduce the problem.
Yes thats what i understood earlier, but there's certainly some loose connection of a kaput relay as since last 6-7 lock/unlocks the unit is working fine, the locks on all doors work perfect for few hours and then again start rattling.

I think the main door is not able trigger the relay which connects other doors.
Does anybody has details how is it connected, is there any relay or unit installed inside driver side door ?

I sometime feel its a wiring issue but its real hard to make those idiots take full interest in diagnose than selling me some cheaper guns.
Old 18th November 2010, 21:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

Can you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by "rattling"? Is some metallic component lose inside the doors?
Old 19th November 2010, 02:35   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
Can you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by "rattling"? Is some metallic component lose inside the doors?
the door lock pin, which is push to lock and pull to unlock makes a noise like its trying hard to get engaged but is doesn't goes down in even 10-20 seconds.

a poor quality video can be heard at

The lock behaved and worked perfectly all day, but in evening again it failed to lock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks