Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 11:39   #46

Re: Ritz ZXi giving low mileage

For Ritz ZXI i use 33psi for both front and back types....the figures of 13kmpl (city) and around 18kmpl (highway) are based on the same.
Old 8th June 2011, 13:27   #47
BHPian

I want to add my few cents here...

My Ritz VXI is safely giving me 14.5 in City with 100% AC ON.

Last trip(and the only trip) of 500 KMs , I got a shocking mileage of 19 KMPL. (roads were 'makhaan' with zero traffic )

Measured on Tankful to Tankful method.

My secret - I never let the car RPM peyond 2.5K. Speeds I maintain is at max 100 KMPH.

My car has run 5000 Kms and just completed 2nd service. Tyre pressure maintained is 33 PSI. One shocking story - When I bought the car I thought the tyre pressure was fine and I continued driving for 2 months and after 2 months I thought I will check the tyre pressure and to my shock it was 50 PSI in all wheels :O .
Old 8th June 2011, 22:32   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSinha View Post

My secret - I never let the car RPM peyond 2.5K. Speeds I maintain is at max 100 KMPH.
Well, with THAT driving style (which really ain't a secret !!), there is no real surprise if your car is giving you decent FE.

The point of this thread is : for identical driving styles the Ritz gives a lower mileage than other petrol cars. Check my post earlier in the thread

Quote:
I tried taking her once specifically for a "Fuel Efficiency Run" and I managed to get 16.5 kmpl. But then only I know how I was literally trying to EXTRACT FE from the car. That's not how one can drive everyday !!
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 23:56   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to add my few cents here...

My Ritz VXI is safely giving me 14.5 in City with 100% AC ON.

Last trip(and the only trip) of 500 KMs , I got a shocking mileage of 19 KMPL. (roads were 'makhaan' with zero traffic )

Measured on Tankful to Tankful method.

You should write a detailed FAQ - day in the life of VictorSinha's Ritz!!

Most Ritz owners and potential owners will benefit.

And to top it, MSIL will pay your fuel bills - for life
Old 9th June 2011, 12:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Well, with THAT driving style (which really ain't a secret !!), there is no real surprise if your car is giving you decent FE.

The point of this thread is : for identical driving styles the Ritz gives a lower mileage than other petrol cars. Check my post earlier in the thread

I think you got me wrong....At 2.5K RPM it touches 100 KMPH easily. In city where can you drive faster than that ? I guess now you can have an idea of how I drive

And also, I guess 100-120 kmph is a decent speed for Ritz. Ritz is always a tall boy design and never built for racing on the road. It has extremely scary body rolls. I have taken turns even at 80 KMPH and I know.

What I followed to get more FE was team-bhp.com advice...

0-2500 KMs I kept the car to 2000 RPM and approx 80 KMPH max speed
2501 - 5000 KMs I kept the car to 2500 RPM and approx 110 KMPH max speed
50001 - 10000 KMs I intent to keep the car within 4000 RPM....not tested the max speed yet

I guess I followed a proper run-in advice of the engine and result I am getting. However I drive, my car never gives me less than 14 kmpl in city.

Ritz has a great engine, but I guess it needs a little time to settle down. And now after second service, it runs smoother than ever.
Old 9th June 2011, 14:08   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Ritz Vxi April 2010 make-
Highway- (varies a lot depending on the state of traffic,if got stuck in jam,god help it.)I've got varied range from 15.10kms/lit to 20.84kms/lit on same stretch of highway.(I do not cross 80kmph as the roads here donot allow me to take such a risk.)
City- 12-13kms/lit with AC full on.City driving is bumper to bumper without a proper 2 lane road mostly.

I did a proper running in of the vehicle as given in the manual.All services have been done as per schedule.Though there is a point to note that during initial 1 month,city average was pathetic @ 9.6kmpl!It improved a little bit after about 2500kms.2nd service was done at 6 months @ 3400kms.Since then,its been smooth sailing.I've exceeded 3000rpm on a very few occasions.The car behaves and returns good efficiency if properly driven.I use regular unleaded petrol from the same pump(company owned Indian Oil pump),cycle being tankful to tankful with auto cut-off during morning time(when its relatively cooler).Tyre pressure is being maintained at 30psi because at the recommended psi,the ride comfort is compromised.
Old 9th June 2011, 14:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tyre pressure maintained is 33 PSI. One shocking story - When I bought the car I thought the tyre pressure was fine and I continued driving for 2 months and after 2 months I thought I will check the tyre pressure and to my shock it was 50 PSI in all wheels
Was this during the hot season? It is quite possible that the tyres were filled at the correct pressure, but later either due to the weather or driving the pressure increased. IIRC it is recommended to verify tyre pressure once a fortnight to ensure a safe drive. Someone also told me that it helps in increasing/ ensuring tyre life/ quality
Old 15th June 2011, 20:47   #53
BHPian

I have subscribed to this thread since long.In my earlier post,when I covered 400 kms,I mentioned that I got 11kmpl.Now after 3000 kms the average is 13 max.Not more than that.I have made written complaint to Maruti.

Petrol prices are killing and am seriously thinking to sell this car off...literally...inspite of wonderful engine.

Not crossed more than 80km/hr ....I am frustrated by the 'junk' mileage.My diesel Innova gives me 13.5/ltr in back to back traffic in hinjewadi,so ideally it is much economical for me for daily run than ritz...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks