Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2010, 23:57   #1
BHPian

M-800 mpfi idling problem.

My M800 mpfi is shoing a weird problem. the idling isn't correct. It goes down real low some times and the car starts vibrating a lot and it irritates me. :@
Reported the problem to the MASS people and they call it common in M800s but it seriously isnt. Showed it at carnation and he said its a problem with the throttle body and it needs to be cleaned. got that done recently and the thing still exists. I was charged 1300 for cleaning my throttle body and the problem still exists.

I tried resetting the ECU by pluggingoff my battery for some time and connecting it back, for once or twice the roblem wont come back but later its back to normal. This thing is getting on my nerve now!! Can someone help me out with this problem? Please!
Old 12th May 2010, 00:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
My M800 mpfi is shoing a weird problem. the idling isn't correct. It goes down real low some times and the car starts vibrating a lot and it irritates me. :@
Reported the problem to the MASS people and they call it common in M800s but it seriously isnt. Showed it at carnation and he said its a problem with the throttle body and it needs to be cleaned. got that done recently and the thing still exists. I was charged 1300 for cleaning my throttle body and the problem still exists.

I tried resetting the ECU by pluggingoff my battery for some time and connecting it back, for once or twice the roblem wont come back but later its back to normal. This thing is getting on my nerve now!! Can someone help me out with this problem? Please!
Rs.1300 for throttle body cleaning. its a pure loot. taking customers for ride. go and slap the owner.

well this happens due to many reasons. i suggest go to MASS and hook in a tech1/ Tech2. check out at what instance the idling falls. check the MAP sensor reading and the throttle position. do a through check up.
if its throttle body it can easily be detected.
If the IAC valve is gone kaput then you will have to replace it.

if everything is normal then there could be other reasons like spark plugs, coils, alternators etc which affect the idling.
Old 12th May 2010, 02:29   #3
BHPian

MASS guys failed too, I reported this problem twice, But it was never solved, I shouted at them at the top of my voice and then they started calling it a problem which existed with the mpfi 5speed model of m800 and that is why the production of 5speed m800s stopped :|
I'm going to give my car for a service coming monday, Ill reeport the problem again and ill see what'll those people do this time, If the problem still doesnt get resolved, I'm planning to make this issue a big pain for the MASS guys. :@
Old 12th May 2010, 07:53   #4
BHPian

There is no problem with the 5speed 800!they are just giving you shitty lame excuses,i have seen hundreds of 800s idle perfect.

Your problem areas that you should check are.
1)IAC valve.
2)your spark plugs and cords including the main cord.
3)Your camshaft position sensor

Hook up a tech2 and see what it throws up...
Old 12th May 2010, 11:25   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
1)IAC valve.

Yup if the throttle body is clean and filters are also good then follow the above mentioned steps.
Old 12th May 2010, 11:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
There is no problem with the 5speed 800!they are just giving you shitty lame excuses,i have seen hundreds of 800s idle perfect.

1)IAC valve.

I know, My friends M800 never showed up idling problem but these MASS guys never accept their failure. this time I'll directly talk to the branch head. I'll get the above points to his notice. Hope the problem gets resolved without any heavy damage to my pocket
Old 12th May 2010, 14:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

MASS have gone crazy. they say the 5 speed mpfi was stopped. the same engine is doing its duty in lacs of altos on road today.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2010, 18:14   #8
BHPian

^ Exactly, those people are never ready to accept their failure. Seriously, these days their quality of work isnt the same which was offered earlier.
Old 12th May 2010, 21:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
^ Exactly, those people are never ready to accept their failure. Seriously, these days their quality of work isnt the same which was offered earlier.
nor the quality of the cars they produce now cost cutting has haunted them badly.
Old 15th May 2010, 14:22   #10
BHPian

Gave my ride for a service as well as to rectify this problem at the main A.S.S of saboo maruti at nampally, Told him to check the IAC valve, and other things mentioned by you guys, He said he'll rectify it if its a minor problem and they need time if the problem source is not found. I kindly said " dont give me all that **** , Just get rid of that idling problem and handover the car by evening " for which he gave me a puzzled look and said ok sir.

These guys made me wait for 40mins after I reached their service place. There were executives running all over the place but no one was bothered to attend the customers. I yelled at one of the supervisor and then he arranged someone to attend me. the car will hopefully be delivered at 5pm so I'll update the thread after that.

Fingers crossed.

Hope my idling issue gets resolved.
Old 15th May 2010, 22:30   #11
Senior - BHPian

First thing to check is the Air sensor on the Air cleaner.

Does it idle at low rpm under normal conditions or while using AC (BTW do you have AC)
Old 15th May 2010, 22:56   #12
BHPian

^yes i do alec, Its the m800 DX. it doesnt idle well both the times, when the ac is turned on and when the car is stationary, idling is fine as long as the compressor is running, but once the compressor cuts off, the idling goes real low sometimes and it might even cut off the engine. it behaves diff at diff times. :(

Got a call from the service guy in the evening saying the road test and stuff are still not complete so I'll be getting my car on monday at around 11am. Hope the problem is sortedout.
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:14   #13
BHPian

Sorry I'm late, Couldn't update the thread as I was travelling all the time. Got back the car on monday back then and the problem was sorted out. Idling was all good. I came out with smiles. But next day when I started the car drove it outside my parking gate, got out of the car to close the gate and NO!!! the idling went down again :'(.

Approached MASS guys and they started telling stories and washing their handsoff. It's useless arguing with them so I came back home.

Yesterday in the evening climate was good and I want out for a spin and I came across this place called CARZ, I use to see this place everytime I use to go to my Tutions in the morning so thought of giving him a visit, Maybe he could sortout the problem. I paid him a visit and a supervisor attended me and I told him to check the idling issue, He called a mechanic and asked to attend my car. Mechanic started the cra and asked me what was the issue, I showed him the prob nad he said that it was a problem with the sparks or the injectors, Misfire prob. He opened the sparks, Cleaned them, sprayed something and adjusted the gap between the terminals on the plugs and placed them back. checked the injectors and VOILA! the idling was surprisingly constant. Atleast its not going up and down.

Kept the car idling for around 30 times from last evening and till now no idling issue at all. It's firing like before . He charged me just rupees 100 for the job. I was more than happy with the results and paid the mechanics few hundreds under the table.
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks