Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:50   #1

Skoda Laura L&K - Dealer service or Mobil Care service?

I Bought a used Skoda Laura L&K Automatic. It is now due for the 70k servicing. Readind some of the horror stories here, I am worried if I should even go to the dealership.

I checked at a Mobil Care center and they say servicing will cost approx 7.5k with Synthetic oil (and some silly Mobil freebies). This includes all inspections, tooth belt inspection, etc.

Which one should I go for?
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:17   #2
BANNED

Though I m not from Hyd, I would suggest you go to a mechanic you know or can trust.
Skodas' are very very reliable if worked upon by the right hands, else they are catastrophes.

You can PM Raveendra on TBHP who has a Laura and is from Hyd to guide you in the matter.
Old 2nd June 2010, 16:24   #3
BHPian

Congratulations on your acquisition.

The service center in Hyderabad for Skoda is pretty good. I have been their customer for close to 5 years now and have no complaints.

You can choose to go to them. I shall PM you the number of the Service Supervisor and you can speak to him about your requirements.

Cheers,
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:16   #4

Thanks much Ardy and Devnath. I shall speak to the service center directly
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:01   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mobil Care Center? Can you please elaborate on this? I wasn't aware of Mobil setting up any service shops in the country. Thanks
Old 4th June 2010, 17:16   #6
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Mobil Like Castrol have their franchise networks across the country ( basically they provide the equipments and of course the oils etc for a setup charge.)

Have seen advt of Mobil care in a 2010 Auto Car issue. Have seen Castrol centers similarly.

They would not have any spcific to brand/car parts and would buy these from the open market. They normally do the rest of the service at about 10% lower than the authorized centres.

Suggest you go to an authorized centre. Put the T-BHP sticker on the car - Chance of mistreatment is reduced.

Parts like the Airfilter / Oil / Fuel / Pollen Filters are specific to cars. Castrol / Mobil Care centres are likely to not replace stuff like the Pollen filter when due to make the servicing seem cheaper. An Authorized centre is likely to spot failure points better especially for higher end cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks