Team-BHP - Maruti Esteem Odometer after 100K Kms
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Maruti Esteem Odometer after 100K Kms (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/82880-maruti-esteem-odometer-after-100k-kms.html)

Experts,

Am not sure if this has been asked before. I have an Esteem VXi 2006 and was wondering if the odometer would roll over to Zero after clocking 100K Kms?

Cheers,
Z.

I have a 1999 zen, odo rolled over to 0 after 100K kilometers. Enjoy the moment.

I am guessing the Esteem has a 5-digit odo - if so, after clocking 99999kms (not 100000), it would rollover to 00000.

P.S.: The Baleno has a 6-digit odo - so it will be a long time before I get to see it rollover to all-zeros. :-)

My dad also has a 1996 esteem vxi and it rolled over to 0000, it is about to roll over again :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 1919752)
I am guessing the Esteem has a 5-digit odo - if so, after clocking 99999kms (not 100000), it would rollover to 00000.

P.S.: The Baleno has a 6-digit odo - so it will be a long time before I get to see it rollover to all-zeros. :-)

yeah buddy, it would be 00000

My friend's 2004 esteem has recently completed 1L kms, he will sell his esteem, when it will be 30k and will tell the buyer that 2004 model esteem and only 30k done..lol..

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick17s (Post 1919778)

My friend's 2004 esteem has recently completed 1L kms, that arse will sell his esteem, when it will be 30k and will tell the buyer that 2004 model esteem and only 30k done..lol..

You got to be kidding and not serious right? Does this shaddy practice exist?

@firebird: lol, dunno if it will work, but my friend plans to do so !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick17s (Post 1926015)
@firebird: lol, dunno if it will work, but my friend plans to do so !!!

Service records will rubbish his claim and he shall get stamped as a cheat.
And I am sure there are MV laws to convict him too if it is proven in a court of law!

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 1919752)

The rate at which you are clocking miles on that baleno maybe your kids will see it roll to all zero's :D .

Wait !!! you are better off I know of a baleno which has clocked only something like 16k kms in 4 years and the owner is a member here.

Quote:

My friend's 2004 esteem has recently completed 1L kms, that arse will sell his esteem, when it will be 30k and will tell the buyer that 2004 model esteem and only 30k done..lol..

Thats blatant cheating and how could some one simply do such a thing ? Lets say he has been servicing the car at a MASS and the new buyer decides to check the genuineness of the kms clocked. Your friend sure will have to run for cover then.

Quote:

Things like these do happen in the used car market.

But then, someone who has owned a car for some time will know the difference of the 1LAC km in a car. It will be obvious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69
The rate at which you are clocking miles on that baleno maybe your kids will see it roll to all zero's

He he :D. Given my 8K kms per year driving, it will be a looong time before I even see the odo rollover to 100000kms.

well, chill guys !!

there are many players out there Doing this !
i purchased my car from True Value, and it was showing 24 k done, and somehow, i got to know from the original owner, he sold the car when it completed 57k,
how does it matters till the car is in good condition, and i m least concerned if he does that, its his car and its his wish, the purchaser will take care of rest other things (its between the owner and the seller) and his car is really maintained.

I would appreciate if we stop discussing this now !!

My Esteem that rolled over to ZERO two times and its about to roll back the third time in the next 10K kms.

Its a 2003 May Esteem Di (DIESEL). Will be writing a long long long term ownership review soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick17s (Post 1927935)
i purchased my car from True Value, and it was showing 24 k done, and somehow, i got to know from the original owner, he sold the car when it completed 57k,

Well, I simply refuse to believe the above. I know a few lower segment used car dealer tamper with speedo, but True Value, I doubt they will do it unless the car is Gypsy, Baleno or Vitara, I mean, high profile cars in Maruti.

Quote:

My friend's 2004 esteem has recently completed 1L kms, he will sell his esteem, when it will be 30k and will tell the buyer that 2004 model esteem and only 30k done..lol..

Nick, I think you should advise him against as, if in any case, he sells off his car to a person who stumbles upon it later, he will sure be in a lot of trouble.