Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 18:39   #1
BHPian

Help on turbo timer install

Hello people

I have a turbo timer with "motor sport TS" written on it. wanted to know whether it is DIY job or should i need to go to a experienced mechanic/Tuner to install. If it is DIY job can can anyone help me in installing the same . Pictures will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

PS. I own an Elantra Crdi

Moderator/s tried searching for the same but couldn't find a thread on it
if exists please merge the thread. Thanks
Old 5th June 2010, 00:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have done many DIYs and i would say a turbo timer installation is definitely not for a first timer ( i assumed you are one).

Get some professional to do it for you. BTW a turbo timer comes with its own installation manual in the package.
Old 5th June 2010, 01:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

The turbo timer needs to be connected to the key cylinder.
But, you'll need the manual for the installer to know which wire is for what.
Old 5th June 2010, 02:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Find a service manual for the Elantra and use the instructions that should be supplied with the turbo timer. Wiring up should be easy once you figure out what goes where and connects to what. There is nothing in the setup that requires you to be experienced with a car's electricals though that would certainly help.
Old 5th June 2010, 15:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think you should buy the turbo timer yourself and thn get it installed by a tuner in the city you are in. Apart from that if you are not too sure what is the correct one for your car then go to the tuner and find out what he is offering and at what price. Once you know what he is offering you can check the prices in the market and then if you like you speak to him and then request if you can buy the timer and he just installs it ? That is the best way to go i think.
Old 5th June 2010, 15:50   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
I think you should buy the turbo timer yourself and thn get it installed by a tuner in the city you are in. ......
he just installs it ? That is the best way to go i think.
I already have one which was installed in friends elantra he has removed it, as he sold his elantra to pick up BMW (wow what an upgrade!!) so i have one but he has not given me the manual so asked if anyone can help but now i have fixed an appointment with a tuner to do the same.

P.S Will put up pictures of the same once it is done for other peoples reference if the installer doesn't have a problem

Last edited by raj.barcode : 5th June 2010 at 15:57.
Old 5th June 2010, 15:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
I already have one which was installed in friends elantra he has removed it as he sold his elantra to pick up BMW so i have one but he has not given me he manual so asked if anyone can help have fixed an appointment with a tuner to do the same. will put up pictures of the same once it is done for other peoples reference

Get in touch with the local Team-bhpians in your city and also you could look at the team-bhp Directry you may find something there as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks