Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 11:55   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
car is back and is smoother than before, will check tomorrow with some load and test if its knocking again.
Awaiting for your update..

Quote:
When i told MASS manager about the knocking and jerks in first gear, he immediately told its clutch which has wore out and needs replacement, i didnt want to be bakra for 2nd time so i told i dont want clutch replacement just do the engine oil change.....
if the jerk is there in 1st gear due to clutch, then I think it should be there in other gears as well..Initial jerk may not be due to clutch wear and tear..
Old 7th July 2010, 23:08   #17
BHPian

I did a test with partial load (myself + 2 Healthy ppl onboard) and this time i didnt see any knocking or jerk, it was smooth and i suddenly realized there is something difference in the pickup, infact huge positive difference.... my car is doing very well now....

Pickup Increased, Jerk on high load is gone and FE also increased, Really Happy to see performance change, however i did not understand what happened earlier, MASS told me oil was not replaced last time and there was burnt smell in the oil(but colour of the oil was transparent red and not had become black)... I guess pratham motors tricked me last time and this time at bimal i asked them to do everything in front of my eyes.
Old 8th July 2010, 12:19   #18

Quote:
Pickup Increased, Jerk on high load is gone and FE also increased, Really Happy to see performance change, however i did not understand what happened earlier, MASS told me oil was not replaced last time and there was burnt smell in the oil(but colour of the oil was transparent red and not had become black)... I guess pratham motors tricked me last time and this time at bimal i asked them to do everything in front of my eyes.
So the only thing you did is a oil change which resulted in such a difference? The engine knocking and jerk is also gone?
Old 8th July 2010, 12:48   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today I took my Car for Service, well I didnt do service since i know they will bill this and that and make round off for 5-6k. I did Engine Decarbonizing and changed Engine Oil, for this 2 small thing itself they billed me 1.9k . When i told MASS manager about the knocking and jerks in first gear, he immediately told its clutch which has wore out and needs replacement, i didnt want to be bakra for 2nd time so i told i dont want clutch replacement just do the engine oil change....
anyway car is back and is smoother than before, will check tomorrow with some load and test if its knocking again.
How much has your car run? The MASS service advisor might be right if decarbonizing was carried out (and I assume they would've cleaned the plugs and set the gaps).
The knocking might actually be clutch juddering which is more likely the sign of a worn out clutch.
Verifiy if you still face the problem driving a few more days.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:45   #20
BHPian

my 2004 santro xing went through an engine decarb at around 18k kms. Its done around 22k kms in 6 years. The symptoms were similar to yours. no pick up, knocking, etc
Old 8th July 2010, 15:19   #21
BHPian

I didnt do full service, but in the name of "Oil Change", I did everything: Engine Decarbonize, Flush old oil and fill new Oil + New Oil Filters, Cleaned Spark Plugs and other small work,
But I paid for Engine decarbonize and Oil Only

I am not facing same knocking issue, infact Pickup is much like a new car and is smoother....anyway will drive for few more days and test, incase the same issue happens will update in this thread, thanks guys
Old 9th July 2010, 11:51   #22

Quote:
I am not facing same knocking issue, infact Pickup is much like a new car and is smoother
Every complete service brings in a fresh life to car's engine - which impacts pick up,smoothness and everything to an extent..even underbody tightening reduces unwanted noise..and of course decarbonizing helps..I did it once after first 18K of run..But not sure what is the ideal frequnecy of decar..the hyundai service engineer suggested that once in a year for me ( considering I drive around 12-13K per year)..

Team BHP gurus, any suggestion on the frequency of decarbonizing we should follow?
Old 17th July 2010, 04:29   #23
BHPian

oh no not again!!!

After driving with full load for couple of hours in heavy traffic, the problem started again and it was horrible, didnt know what to do.... then finally stopped the car for cool down, unloaded the weight and issue got resolved. This time I noticed Fuel was at "E" and i had to refill, so not sure this caused by low fuel, but if its not fuel issue i need experts help to fix this permanently.... please tell me what am i doing wrong ?
Old 17th July 2010, 16:29   #24

Make sure that your timing mechanism is working well and check that if your cam's is timing mechanism are not worn out.
Old 18th July 2010, 00:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhardwaja2 View Post
Make sure that your timing mechanism is working well and check that if your cam's is timing mechanism are not worn out.
Hey thanks for reply, how do i check ? and whats Cam ?
Old 19th July 2010, 12:26   #26
BHPian

Thanks Blackfire 9 and others

Thanks Blackfire 9 !! Cleaning the head manually did the trick as pistons had lots of carbon deposits and since then no knocking inspite of some wreckless driving. Monitored fine for 1000 + kms since then.Thanks others too for ur inputs.I luv this forum for mutual care and share.
Old 4th August 2010, 00:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
Thanks Blackfire 9 !! Cleaning the head manually did the trick as pistons had lots of carbon deposits and since then no knocking inspite of some wreckless driving. Monitored fine for 1000 + kms since then.Thanks others too for ur inputs.I luv this forum for mutual care and share.
Glad to know that your car's doing fine now. Drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks