Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 19:47   #1

Filters & Lubes For Ford Endeavour 2004

Hello

I own a Ford Endeavour 2004 Model. This is a 2.5 Litre Inter Cooled Turbo Diesel Engine. Though I service the vehicle in Ford Authorised Service Centre, on most occasions, on account of my travel into interior Tamil Nadu [with the nearest service centre atleast 300 Kms away], I am not in an position to service it in the authorised service centre. I would like to seek the opinion of experts in the group on purchasing the appropriate filters and lubes as listed below.

I would like to know which brand and variants of filters and lubes should I purchase

Filters

Diesel Filter, Oil Filter, Air Filter

Lubes

Engine Oil - I operate in temparatures of around 30 to 40 degrees [Should it be 10W - 30, or 15 W - 40]
Coolant, Brake Fluid, Clutch Fluid, Power Steering Fluid, Washer Fluid, Transmission Oil, Axle Oil, Gear Box Oil, Differential Oil

I shall appreciate hearing back from experts in this group

regards

KRISHNAN PS
CHENNAI

Last edited by aah78 : 1st August 2010 at 20:02. Reason: Text format tags removed.
Old 1st August 2010, 20:14   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Krishnan,

Regarding the oils and other fluids, you can stick to whatever is used on Safari/Scorpio. You should use atleast 15W-40 as higher the second number, higher the heat tolerance.

Not sure when you can get oil/air/diesel filters. Try Benz in GP road.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:45   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Krishnan, why don't you instead just stock up on filters & lubes? Simply buy from your Ford outlet and keep them in storage.

Quote:
Diesel Filter, Oil Filter, Air Filter
The diesel & air filters don't require frequent changing, neither are the items perishable. Stock up!

Quote:
Engine Oil - I operate in temparatures of around 30 to 40 degrees [Should it be 10W - 30, or 15 W - 40]
Coolant, Brake Fluid, Clutch Fluid, Power Steering Fluid, Washer Fluid, Transmission Oil, Axle Oil, Gear Box Oil, Differential Oil
Engine oil : Any, as long as Ford recommended specifications are met. I personally am a fan of Mobil 1. The rest don't require frequent changes, and again, you'd do well in buying from the Ford service station itself.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd August 2010 at 16:48.
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

All these consumables will be definitely listed in your owners manual.

Don't stock them up in the long run. What i normally do is buy them before 15 days of my scheduled replacement.

Last edited by SirAlec : 3rd August 2010 at 23:31.
Old 1st September 2012, 14:18   #5
BHPian

Re: Filters & Lubes For Ford Endeavour 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskrishnan View Post
Hello
I own a Ford Endeavour 2004 Model.
Hi - Just came across this thread while searching for Ford Endeavour on the Forum. A friend is looking at buying a 2004 model used Ford Endeavour which has clocked around 60k kms and quoting 5,45,000. I have asked him to hold and I'll check on the forum.

Any advise on 2004 models. Things to check and so on.

Can you help ?
Old 1st September 2012, 14:34   #6

Hi Yogesh

The 2004 versions of Ford Endeavour are imported from Thailand. These are more rugged and solid than the later versions. I am driving around in one of them and have clocked 105000 Kms. I haven t had any major issues excepting that the costs of spares are high, and that Fuel efficiency is not the best at 7.5 Kmpl in City and 10 in Highways. But I would anyday go for this version if you are a frequent highway traveler and compromise on fuel efficiency as safety is best in this version

5.45 L for 60k is a decent price, Go for it if you find the vehicle to be good. Do check for parts that may potentially need to be replaced, esp tyres, clutch plate assembly, etc, etc

KRISHNAN

Hi - Just came across this thread while searching for Ford Endeavour on the Forum. A friend is looking at buying a 2004 model used Ford Endeavour which has clocked around 60k kms and quoting 5,45,000. I have asked him to hold and I'll check on the forum.

Can you help ?
Old 2nd September 2012, 21:41   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post

Can you help ?
We had sold our 2004 Ford Endeavour (4x2), which had been driven for approx. 110k km, for Rs. 5,00,000.

Things to watch out for is the squeaks from the suspension, rusting, and the clutch. One frequent trouble we were facing after 90k kms, was that the clutch pipe used to tear thus forcing the clutch pedal to remain depressed after being depressed.
Other than this the car remained mostly trouble free while it was with us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks