Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Inconsistent Playback

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinaush View Post

Anyone else with similar problem and hav found solution, Plz Help me.
I face similar issue with albeit less frequentcy with my nokia 5800. The audio signal interferes with something and the volume goes down, but it happens say only once for 2-3 songs, so I learned to ignore it :(

Last edited by anilisanil : 22nd December 2010 at 10:23.
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Figo Bluetooth Issues

My Friend also faced the same issue after the car was getting serviced from Chennai Ford.
He has been successfully paired LG Optimus till that date and A2DP and after servicing his BT has gone kaput and the BT menu is not coming in his system.
He has sent the car again to Chennai Ford and nothing has turned out and they promised him to change the Unit under warranty and he is waiting for the same.
I'll update here once he fixes the issue.
Old 24th December 2010, 01:36   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
My Friend also faced the same issue after the car was getting serviced from Chennai Ford.
He has been successfully paired LG Optimus till that date and A2DP and after servicing his BT has gone kaput and the BT menu is not coming in his system.
He has sent the car again to Chennai Ford and nothing has turned out and they promised him to change the Unit under warranty and he is waiting for the same.
I'll update here once he fixes the issue.
This post is for the technically minded …..
Bluetooth is a confusing animal. Just because you have a BT enabled phone and a Bluetooth device in the car it does not mean that you can perform all possible functions between the two devices. What can be performed depend on the set of Bluetooth profiles each device supports. To perform a function typically both devices will have to support a particular profile meant for that function.. For a list of common BT profiles see here:

Listing of Bluetooth Profiles

As you can see the “foundation” profile is the GAP. This is supported by all BT devices. This ensures successful pairing of the devices only. For the devices to perform the functions we expect, some other profiles must also be mutually supported. E.g. if you want to know if your iPhone will work in your car, you must check the profiles supported by iPhone:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Supported Bluetooth profiles

And then confirm that your car BT device also supports these profiles. E.g. if you want to stream music then both devices must support A2DP. If you want to share the phonebook the PBAP must be supported by both devices so on. If successful pairing takes place it does not mean telephony will work seamlessly. Note that some profiles have a hierarchy – they can be implemented if some other profile is in place. Thus if you have compatibility at a higher level then the lower order functions will also work.

For your car if the BT telephony is OEM installed, the implementation can be different. Typically in that case you will have number keypad & accept / reject buttons on the console for telephony. In my car for example (Merc E250), there is a GSM unit integrated into the car (notice the shark fin antenna on the roof) but it does not have a SIM. The BT supports Sim Access Profile (SAP). When I connect my iPhone with the BT unit, it allows the GSM unit to access the SIM in the phone (the phone also supports SAP). When a call comes the GSM unit processes the call and not the phone (the phone does not ring, the car unit rings). I have also shared my address book because the PBAP is available on both devices. Music streaming is possible since both support A2DP. The GSM unit can also be used for other services like tracking the vehicle (not currently available in India).

For aftermarket implementation, the BT unit may support Hands Free profile/Headset profile. In that case the phone will receive the call and the BT unit may use the speakers of your ICE and a microphone for the voice exchange.

BT Telephone issues are there in many cars in world even with OEM implementation. Typically the manual will give a list of phone models which has been tested in the car. But that does not mean other models will not work. They will - provided the profiles are supported. My earlier phone was Samsung Omnia – not tested by Mercedes – but it worked fine since both supported SAP. But I could not share the phonebook as the phone did not support PBAP. No such issue with iPhone.

For your car find out the profiles supported by the BT implementation and then confirm with the profiles available on your phone. This info should be available in the documentation. If they match then you can enjoy that function. Note that mere pairing does not guarantee that the function will work.

Do not trust the salesman, check the documentation and then use the function to make sure that it works.

Apologies for the long post. Hope some will find it useful.
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:18   #19
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread ...

Even I am facing issues with the BT in Figo. I have a Sony Ericsson Vivaz phone and on some days it would connect and I am able to receive and makes call. On other days, if the phone is connected to BT, neither the phone rings nor there is any ring on the audio.

If I browse through the call history or the phone book itself, it tells me there are no records. (Don't remember the exact words though).

Twice I have got it corrected (1st and 2nd servicing) and still the issue remains. Have stopped using it and carry a bluethoot headset instead (which actually is a pain).

There are so many issues with my Figo that I am just not convinced it is a great car ...
Old 15th June 2012, 19:41   #20
BHPian

I'm facing new problems with Bluetooth.

I had a Nokia E66 - and it worked best with the Figo BT.
Next - LG Optimus One P500 - worked great, but sometimes did not connect.

Last - Samsung Galaxy Nexus - this one connects the fastest to the Figo BT. But lot of audio disturbance as though there is a blower blowing on the mic. No idea if its emanating because of the set or because of the phone.

I guess I'll try with different phone. Just wanted to know if there is some sort of quick solution to the audio disturbance.
Old 30th June 2013, 13:09   #21
BHPian

Again bumping up this thread.

I had no issues whatsoever with my BB 8520 and Motorola Atrix 2 while using the bluetooth of my Figo for making calls, etc for two years. Recently I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 and now I am having troubles.

The phone connects and the 'connected' icon starts getting displayed on both the phone and the HU. But after 2-3 minutes the HU is unable to make or receive any calls, nor play music. All these are routed through phone as usual. What is strange is that the HU display still shows the Bluetooth connected icon (even if I switch off my phone's Bluetooth)

(The HU is working fine with iPhone and BB still)

Tried getting it resolved at Astro Ford Dwarka but nobody could diagnose the problem. Have written to Ford India.

Would look forward to hear if any BHPian faced such an issue and was able to resolve this.
Old 31st July 2013, 11:17   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
Again bumping up this thread.

I had no issues whatsoever with my BB 8520 and Motorola Atrix 2 while using the bluetooth of my Figo for making calls, etc for two years. Recently I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 and now I am having troubles.

The phone connects and the 'connected' icon starts getting displayed on both the phone and the HU. But after 2-3 minutes the HU is unable to make or receive any calls, nor play music. All these are routed through phone as usual. What is strange is that the HU display still shows the Bluetooth connected icon (even if I switch off my phone's Bluetooth)

(The HU is working fine with iPhone and BB still)

Tried getting it resolved at Astro Ford Dwarka but nobody could diagnose the problem. Have written to Ford India.

Would look forward to hear if any BHPian faced such an issue and was able to resolve this.
Has this issue been resolved. I am facing the exact issue right now after giving it for service, I am guessing they might have installed a newer firmware for the HU. I am currently using Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.3 and it was the same problem when I was in 4.2.2 as well. Really hoping this issue is resolved, as I am crippled without the bluetooth feature
Old 31st July 2013, 11:24   #23
BHPian

Guys I am facing a small problem. When I try to connect my phone to Figo's bluetooth a message appers that says device memory full. So can anyone guide me how to remove paired devices from the list?
Old 31st July 2013, 11:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I am facing a small problem. When I try to connect my phone to Figo's bluetooth a message appers that says device memory full. So can anyone guide me how to remove paired devices from the list?
Just keep the blue tooth button in HU pressed for 3-4 seconds, it enters the Bluetooth settings menu. Press the same button to go to 'Del Device' and remove unused devices. You should be through.
kart19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 06:48   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post

Has this issue been resolved. I am facing the exact issue right now after giving it for service, I am guessing they might have installed a newer firmware for the HU.
No. The service centre and Ford Customer Care have no clue. I thought maybe upgrading the software might resolve issues, but don't think that even this would help. Do let me know in case you find a solution.
Old 9th January 2015, 10:21   #26
BHPian

I am facing issue with connecting my iPhone 6 with the Figo bluetooth. All my other devices (Nexus 5, Sony Xperia etc.) connect without any problem. I've removed all the devices from the list and just the iPhone. I've also renamed my iPhone device name (I saw that as one solution on the web) but that hasn't solved the problem. Can any of you please help with some ideas / suggestions? Is there a HU specific software / firmware upgrade that I can do at the service center?
Old 5th June 2015, 14:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I am facing issue with connecting my iPhone 6 with the Figo bluetooth. All my other devices (Nexus 5, Sony Xperia etc.) connect without any problem. I've removed all the devices from the list and just the iPhone. I've also renamed my iPhone device name (I saw that as one solution on the web) but that hasn't solved the problem. Can any of you please help with some ideas / suggestions? Is there a HU specific software / firmware upgrade that I can do at the service center?
Mad Max, Were you able to get this fixed on your Figo? I recently had an issue which is similar and parallel to this issue, my rocker started jumping and was not working as it should. In the recent 70k service, I reported this and FASS has sent it to Chennai for some repair. They mentioned that, it can only set right at Chennai and it takes about 3 weeks for the system to come back from there. I am now waiting to get my HU back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks