Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 19:33   #1
BHPian

Alto Trip Meter Resets to 0 on Turning Off Ignition

Hi,

I have been using my Alto for over 3 years and have clocked about 30,000Kms to date.

Strangely, yesterday I replaced the audio system of my car, afterwhich the trip meter is automatically resetting to 0 each time the ignition is switched off.

I related this problem to the replacement of the audio system, however I can't seem to understand the relation between the electrical wiring of the audio system with that of the trip meter.

I've checked all of the fuses and also checked by removing all the electrical connections made to the new audio system, however the problem seems to persist.

The odometer seems to be working fine and so are the other electricals. Any help in this regard would be much apprecaited.

Thanks

Yikes
Old 2nd September 2010, 20:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

yikes pretty strange it is, usually the culprit is a blown fuse. Since you confirmed having checked it all, look at the battery terminals and ensure they aren't corroded or loosely connected.
Old 2nd September 2010, 20:16   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
Hi,

I have been using my Alto for over 3 years and have clocked about 30,000Kms to date.

Strangely, yesterday I replaced the audio system of my car, afterwhich the trip meter is automatically resetting to 0 each time the ignition is switched off.

I related this problem to the replacement of the audio system, however I can't seem to understand the relation between the electrical wiring of the audio system with that of the trip meter.

I've checked all of the fuses and also checked by removing all the electrical connections made to the new audio system, however the problem seems to persist.

The odometer seems to be working fine and so are the other electricals. Any help in this regard would be much apprecaited.

Thanks

Yikes
Trip meters will reset only if the supply for memory from battery has gone. May be it can be attributed to the installation of the audio system. The installer may have unintentionally removed some of the connectors. Don't worry, must be a minor issue which can be fixed by the A.S.S.
Old 3rd September 2010, 20:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Trip meters will reset only if the supply for memory from battery has gone. May be it can be attributed to the installation of the audio system. The installer may have unintentionally removed some of the connectors. Don't worry, must be a minor issue which can be fixed by the A.S.S.

It's strange! I will take the car to the service station tomorrow and have them check it again.

Thanks for your suggestions
Old 6th September 2010, 12:52   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
It's strange! I will take the car to the service station tomorrow and have them check it again.

Thanks for your suggestions

Trip meter is working fine now. The contacts in the fuse box were disconnected from the wire behind it. The service mech soldered the same and it helped fix the issue.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks