Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2015, 22:20   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The hiccups you describe does not appear to be engine or misfire related. Suspect it to be related to an unbalanced pressure plate / uneven wearing of friction plate.

Get the clutch pressure plate and friction plate changed, and have the flywheel turned and balanced, or replaced.

Thanx ss-traveller. Actually I was thinking on the same thing a day ago as I got the exact same diagnosis from a mechanic guy when he listened to the symptoms. His take was that this can't be an electrical/ignition problem since the problem never occurs at standstill or startup. Never. No hiccup, no starting problem, no shivering, nothing. I'll look into it ASAP.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 14:59   #32
BHPian

Re: Engine misfire?

Hi Experts,

Needed some advice with respect to misfiring cylinder on our 7 year old Honda City Petrol CVT. Around 20th November, I had noticed the “Check Engine” symbol flash on the dashboard while exiting from our parking. This is the first time I had seen this light.

I searched on google and got to know that it was not appropriate to drive with this light on. We took the car to a nearby garage where a scan was performed which showed a “P0303” code representing misfiring in cylinder number 3. The technician told us that he had cleaned some parts (carbon residue?) and that the issue would not occur again.

The car was driven almost every day since then and things were running fine. But today, while dropping my son to school, the “Check Engine” symbol flashed again. I took the car to the same garage and a scan was performed. It showed the same “P0303” code. The technician examined the car for few hours. He informed us that he has checked the spark plugs / ignition coils and everything appears fine. He said that he has “cleaned” some things and that things should be fine. If this issue crops up again, they will change spark plugs / ignition coil which will cost around 5-6 thousand.

The diagnosis did not give me a lot of confidence. I do not feel comfortable taking the car outside the city fearing that this issue will crop up again. Any idea what could be the issue here? Does the age of the car have anything to do with this? Any guidance on how I should proceed with this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks