Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2005, 11:37   #1
BHPian

guys.... need help on carb esteeem..

hi guys....
a big hello to al the BHPians.....well...lets get to the point....i just got myself a carb esteem..its a vx..wthout pwr steering....its done 55k kms.....have been usin it for atleast 6 months nw...the engine is in excellent cond....but whenever i floor the acelerator....in any gear that is....the engine remains idle for two or three secs...then starts chockin....aft that picks up speed.....my mech or even the maruti people couldnt solve the prob...you people got any idea why does it happen?????.....also plannin to restore the the car....the chassis kinda rusted...needs a paint job....nd the steerin column`s rattlin....so guys!!!...got any idea bout the expenses..nd wht are the things that need a job.....cause ....would like to knw if restorin the car is a good idea or i should go for some other option..like sellin the car...nd goin for a diff car altogether.....anyways guys..please help me out....
Old 27th November 2005, 11:57   #2
BANNED

Hey Angelfire,

What you describe sounds like a carb problem. The simplest way to check would be to borrow another carb from any esteem even a zen would do for testing and see if the problem is solved.

The total time taken to remove and refit a carb is not more than 20 mins max.

Try that down and then get back to us for further diagnosis.

Viper
Old 27th November 2005, 12:23   #3
BHPian

i do own a carb zen....will let you knw the results as soon as possilbe..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks