Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:31   #1

i20 Tyre noise and Bumpy ride Quality

Hey bhp'ians,

have a black i20 magna and has been functioning without major issues for over 6 months.However over the last 1 month i have noticed a vibration and some noise which makes the ride really uncomfortable.

A disturbance is felt at a cyclic frequency and has reduced the ride quality drastically.

Yoke spring was replaced once and Service engineer says the car is perfect and issue free and the noise heard is tire noise. this really fails to convince me since i can clearly tell the difference between the ride quality.

Any of you experiencing the same problems.

Would really appreciate some help from other i20 owners as this is turning out to be a real issue and trident Hyundai not being very friendly in this matter.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:16   #2
BHPian

From where does the noise come up? Is it the ubiquitous steering column rattle?. I recently had a couple of rattling issues. One was coming from near the steering. As the speed increases, the noise frequency also increased. The other one was from the front passenger door. I got both of them fixed by taking it to the service centre. Its been a couple of weeks now and there is no recurrence of noise.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Look for the following
High tyre air pressure.
Wheel balance.
Condition of tyre; Uneven wear due to misalignment, tyre defects, disc bend.

By the By, How many km your car has clocked and what is the make of the tyres.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:43   #4

It doesn't seem to be from the steering column.It is a vibration that seems to be coming from the rear of the car and is felt at the same frequency.In effect i feel like i am riding on a road full of minute humps spaced out evenly.The service center technician seems to differ and says it is tire noise.

tyres are aaaaaat 32 PSi.

tyre's are stock ones apollo acellere .

have to check for misalignment elsewhere because Trident Hyundai Road test gave a no iSSue verdict.I have to probably write to hyundai and see if trident will test it again.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th October 2010 at 03:29.
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:35   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokul.maiden View Post
It doesn't seem to be from the steering column.It is a vibration that seems to be coming from the rear of the car and is felt at the same frequency.In effect i feel like i am riding on a road full of minute humps spaced out evenly.The service center technician seems to differ and says it is tire noise.
Gokul, I faced the same issue and it was fixed with Greasing (That is what A.S.S told). Haven't faced the issue till today, have been a month after the service.

Can you provide the details of purchase date, kms run, model etc. so that experts can advice accordingly.
Old 25th September 2010, 12:08   #6

i bought this i20 Magna petrol in the month of Feb 2010.

Has run 5500 Kms so far.

I ahve been noticing this only over the last 3-4 weeks.

The prob is increasing by the day.The noise increases as the load increases @ the back seat.Tyre noise is so extreme,it feels like it is going to come apart.TRIDENT Hyundai claims it is tyre noise and exists in every car.Im confused as to what to do on this.Seems to be highly irritating.last option is to write to hyundai about it.:-(

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th October 2010 at 03:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks