Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 15:09   #1
BANNED

Ramar Pillai is back with a Cheaper Fuel !

Yes he is back, now with a new and cheaper fuel which cost Rs.5

Quote:
Ramar Pillai is back. Nearly 15 years after scientists trashed his claim of a herbal fuel, he held a press conference in Chennai on Wednesday with a new name, Ponnupillai Ramar, and a different fuel'. Claiming it would make transportation much cheaper Rs 5 for a litre he wants the government to support his efforts.

He says his concoction when mixed with water and heated to 78 degrees Celsius turns into an inflammable bio-fuel that gives a smokeless blue flame. "The mixture is 15 gm ammonium chloride, 15 gm sawdust and 15 gm yeast. It is fermented and distilled. Then I mix it with a litre of water and shake it a bit. See how the water settles at the bottom. I call it Velar Bio Hydrocarbon Fuel," he says.

A CBI case against Ramar for cheating is still in court. He was arrested in March 2000 for allegedly buying organic chemicals from the market, mixing them with additives and selling a herbal fuel'.

That has not stopped him from making a re-appearance in public with a fresh claim. "I have been waiting for a grant for the patent I filed in 2008. It has been declared now and no objections have been filed so far. Now it is just a matter of getting the certificate," he says.

Ramar says he had been readying to get his product into the market. "A lot of people have been threatening to steal my technology and trying to keep the product from entering the market. I have decided to get it to the market in some part of the country within a month. The Himachal Pradesh chief minister has a licence ready for me. I made a lot of enemies after I was successful in selling 15 lakh litres of fuel between 1996 and 2001. None of my customers complained," says Ramar.
Source:- TOI
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2010, 15:27   #2
BHPian

I want to believe it, but somehow I cant. He is giving facts like the himachal govt, 15 lack liters, which makes it hard to not believe him..

Do anyone have real life experience with him. Please give the information. In this world when fuel prices is climbing day by day an alternate method is the need of the hour, but some people are trying to cash in on it. My heart want to believe it, but my mind says no.
Old 24th September 2010, 15:33   #3
BHPian

Whatever, but why wont the GoI give him a chance to prove what he is claiming ?
Old 24th September 2010, 15:56   #4
BHPian

If his original claims were true, the oil-cartel would have got him killed by now.
Old 24th September 2010, 16:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ammonium Chloride + sawdust + yeast.
mixed with water!

Is he using fuel cells?
I can't imagine something really inflammable like petrol/diesel coming out from this concoction.

Anyway no harm in testing him.
Old 24th September 2010, 16:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
+1. Why not? Let the council of scientists work with him and accept or deny the claims. Also, he says about some patent he filed. Let them show their objection in that if its really a crap.
Old 24th September 2010, 16:12   #7
BHPian

Please guys-if he had invented an engine that runs on water I would have believed in him. He wants that 2 days of fame and appear in the National and local media-he has achieved it?? I agree with D Vampire-the oily crowd would have dumped him on the high seas. He is nothing but a glutton for fame (the illgotten type). He should be falling flat on his face soon with the latest invention??
Old 24th September 2010, 16:13   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Probably because he has bad form.
Ramar Pillai admits it was not herbal fuel
Old 24th September 2010, 16:15   #9
BHPian

Someone please shoot this fellow. He's just a publicity nut.
Old 24th September 2010, 18:10   #10
BHPian

I made a lot of enemies after I was successful in selling 15 lakh litres of fuel between 1996 and 2001. None of my customers complained," says Ramar.

Are they alive after testing the fuel ???
Old 25th September 2010, 20:19   #11
BANNED

whatever it is, let give it a try, even if we dont want to use it, atleast it will be better than diesel+ petrol or petrol + kerosene mix which our autowallas do,

I have seen lorry drivers using kerosene instead of diesel, before 5 years, but i dont know about it now. Hope his invention is better than that. atleast cost wise it will be economical.

Why cant we give 4-5 months trial run on his fuel. and then Government decide the impact on environment and cost, etc.
Old 25th September 2010, 21:01   #12
BHPian

Who did he sell the 15m litres of fuel to? That shold answer the doubts to a reasonable extent.
Old 26th September 2010, 05:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

Since day one I have this doubt as who's playing tricks? Is it Ramar Pillai (RP) or the people who're trying to get hold of it? If RP would've sold this to some one who wanted it, then this fuel would've probably made to public by now, not sure. Obviously he's fighting against the politicians, Govt & Oil companies who're his competitors. Either he has to have a strong backup like one among them or has to be a rich man. He doesn't belong to both category & so he has to undergo tortures.

Anyway, if he's doing this for fame, then why should he reappear now? He's got the fame already isn't it? And again, if its fake, then why did so many people in the past try to grab his invention/discovery?
Old 26th September 2010, 08:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Guys, don't you believe in this magic fuel. He was proved a fraud once, and he will be again.

His earlier "herbal" fuel was a concoction of benzene, naptha and some others. The LTTE were running vehicles with such a concoction for years in their admisistered areas, much before this joker came on the scene, due to the embargo by the Sri Lankan govt. It was called "Jaffna Petrol".
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2010, 18:36   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
It was called "Jaffna Petrol".
Very interesting fact Ganesan. Looks like LTTE did it because the Govt from the mainland probably froze supplies of fuel to the LTTE.

This is like those magic stories everyone wants to believe - but sadly just the stuff of fiction.

Future is in nuclear power. And if it can be miniaturized like the ARC Reactor in Tony Stark's suit - you can expect that to fuel cars too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks