Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2010, 23:19   #1
BHPian

Swift VDi Horn problem

Hello Friends,

I have this strange problem with my swift horn. Suddenly in between it sounds dull and broken and after sometime works fine. I took the car to M.A.S.S and the horn works perfectly fine even after putting all the load ON like A/C, headlights etc. I waited 15 minutes to recreate the problem and it just works fine in front of the service guy. Finally they requested me to please stop honking and bring the car when it has the problem.

Now, again today the same strange noise and this time I recorded a video. Guys can you please check this video and let me know what would be the problem. Is the battery the culprit. I will take the car again tomorrow and show them the video. Would they consider the video recording and replace the horn, if the horn works fine again in front of them?

It's only 8 months old, completed 3 services and under warranty.
Thanks!

Old 11th October 2010, 01:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

The horns behave that way. The OEM stuff is downright crappy. Change to a Minda/equivalent horn "for Skoda" as the FNG will say. Should cost about 400-500 incl installation.

/done on the advice of a senior MSIL gent I know.
//of course, they'll honor warranty and all that. But it doesn't command any respect on the road with this horn!
Old 11th October 2010, 07:34   #3
BHPian

Swift VDi has 2 horns that blow together... looking at the video, i believe one of them is working on/off. Same happened with mine as well. In just 3 months, one of the horns stopped working. It turned out to be a disconnected wire.

You can take it to MASS and ask them to check the connection to both the horns. It should be fine then.

Thanks.
Old 11th October 2010, 08:41   #4
BHPian

Thank you for replying. I will take the car along with the video to MASS. Get it fixed/replaced and then put a better horn like Hella or the one suggested here.

Will update the thread with the status.

Regards,
Sam.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:25   #5
BHPian

One of your horns is not working. Just get it check, may be some loose connections. All cars have 2 horns that blow together.
Old 18th October 2010, 15:59   #6
BHPian

update

Hi All,

I got the horn replaced from the MASS. After that, I took the car to my regular accessory shop and replaced the stock horns with a Hella twin tone snail type horn for 500 bucks

Regards,
Sam
Old 18th October 2010, 16:46   #7
BHPian

i have the same problem with my 3 year old vdi. got this fixed atleast 3 times, and within a week....issue recurs. Sometimes the horns just dont work, and then suddenly start working on full turn of the wheel. crazy...!!!

Most Viewed